stage 5 halfshaft ?

RTR GHIG

Established Member
Those who have the stage 5 halfshafts, do the wheel studs stick out real far with CCW rims or any rim for that point?

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
They do stick out a bit. But it looks pretty cool. I am running fr500 17x10.5 on the back.:rockon:

RTR GHIG

Established Member
TNTLightning said:
They do stick out a bit. But it looks pretty cool. I am running fr500 17x10.5 on the back.:rockon:
What type of lug nuts are you using, regular, extended, or open opened?

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
If you do not want the "extra" long studs then you can install Steeda/ARP studs. Stockers are 2.5" (I believe) Steeda's are 3.5" and DSS' are 4"

With the stock rims and 3/8" LFP wheel spacers a 1/2" 20 x 1/2 open ended lug nut (Gorilla part number 40088) fit well. I think its optimal because you can look at the the center of the wheel and see aftermarket studs that stick out further than stock but not too far (just shy of flush to the wheel). No threads are exposed.

If I remove the spacer than threads are exposed using 1/2" lugs, should be OK at he track with slicks. The lug contact to stud contact is 1/2" less with this set up than running 1" open ended lugs with DSS' 4" stud. Its all preference.

New hubs from DSS are 199.00 x 2 if you want to have different pairs to change out for stud length purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread