Stage 1 and what else?

TIAMAT

Established Member
I've been speaking with Justin from JDM about my June 24th app for stage 1 install. He recommended adding a 4# pulley and tr6's. Your opinions? What parts are you guys running? It's a long trip from Chi town so i want to get it right the first time.
Thanks, J-mart:shrug:

netteaser

Established Member
Question

Did he mention anything about after u install the stage 1 kit thay It will shift later than normal???

REad the thread about stage 1 what to expect in this forum....
TEll me what happens.....

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I did the cold air induction, the 90 mm MAF, Boost Bypass, Superchip, Line mod valve, NGK TR5's, Cobra R water pump, Electric Fan Kit, Drop Shackles, 4 Pound Lower Pulley, MagnaFlow exhaust and some other small items.

It is very sweet.

Go for the gusto and do it all.:)

Hulk

TIAMAT

Established Member
It's decided!!!

Just spoke to justin at JDM to confirm June 24th appt. I will be getting stage 1, 4# pulley, and tr6's.

SVT_KY

Established Member
Hopefully the plugs will short circuit the "blown Motor"
syndrome ... I am pretty happy with all my mods, except
the chip. I think they need to do some work there ....

TIAMAT

Established Member
SVT-KY
What's up with your chip? What's it doing that makes you say that? I finally got the wanting to modify my 01L and the "blown motor syndrome" creeps back into the fold. Everyone who has problems with their motor says the chip had been calibrated wrong. When my truck gets tuned at JDM they will be sure that the chip is calibrated right. Right? All this comes up on a screen and is burned imto the chip and is doublechecked so the right tune is specific for the truck. Right? Can a incorrect tune be entered and go unnoticed by the person tuning it? Most who have blown a motor seems to be scared to mention who tuned and sold them the chip. This is an information sharing website and people seem to be scared to say if JDM or anyone else caused their motor to blow by an incorrect calibration by the tuner. I also read the forum on svtlightnings and it is a f'n soap opera. What the hell is going on with these motors that's the main problem? It seems on the other site there is alot of mud slinging between the tuners. I don't understand half the shit because people on their site seem to talk in tounges about their problems. This site seems to be basically a JDM sit and i don't hear any bad things about them. People on the svtlightnings don't seem to have the balls to come right out and say who screwed up their tune. That's why i think tuners on svtlightnings are going under different usernames and are lying and twisting info about who is at fault. If somebody screws up they should take the heat. :cuss:

John Armstrong

Established Member
Originally posted by TIAMAT
SVT-KY
What's up with your chip? What's it doing that makes you say that? I finally got the wanting to modify my 01L and the "blown motor syndrome" creeps back into the fold. Everyone who has problems with their motor says the chip had been calibrated wrong. When my truck gets tuned at JDM they will be sure that the chip is calibrated right. Right? All this comes up on a screen and is burned imto the chip and is doublechecked so the right tune is specific for the truck. Right? Can a incorrect tune be entered and go unnoticed by the person tuning it? Most who have blown a motor seems to be scared to mention who tuned and sold them the chip. This is an information sharing website and people seem to be scared to say if JDM or anyone else caused their motor to blow by an incorrect calibration by the tuner. I also read the forum on svtlightnings and it is a f'n soap opera. What the hell is going on with these motors that's the main problem? It seems on the other site there is alot of mud slinging between the tuners. I don't understand half the shit because people on their site seem to talk in tounges about their problems. This site seems to be basically a JDM sit and i don't hear any bad things about them. People on the svtlightnings don't seem to have the balls to come right out and say who screwed up their tune. That's why i think tuners on svtlightnings are going under different usernames and are lying and twisting info about who is at fault. If somebody screws up they should take the heat. :cuss:

I have gone through several chips one was done locally(Houston Performance) and another was done out of Calif., Danny Swanson. Both were done correctly and never had a problem and appreciated their effort, however I wanted more...... I also had a Superchip R9 that I got from Mike Troyer that I was pleased with but I wanted more.....

So I called JDM and glad I did. To date everyting on my truck is JDM. Matter of fact I will not let anyone else touch my truck except JDM, well I do some stuff too. I have never seen anybody that took so much care installing stuff along with being very profesional. It's hard to tell if parts they added were factory or add on.

So how does JDM install parts on my truck along with many others here in Texas??!! JDM and crew stay in our home using our garage, driveway and street to help the local guys make their trucks faster. We have had as many as 22 trucks parked up and down the street. My whole family gets involved and we have a fun time.

Keep in mind those that are blowing engines usually are pushing the limit or are not listening for the signs of problems cropping up. Keep in mind no matter how good the chip, parts are it is your responsibilty to make sure things work correctly.

One other suggestion.... if you are having problems don't post questions on the board. You will get 10 answers and none are the answers you are looking for and some will not even pretain to your problem. Best thing to do is call your tuner or who you got parts from. They can give you answers.

Why don't people spell it out which tuner they used and had engine problems?? When something breaks everybody gets on the board(s) bashes this person and bashes that person when in alot of cases it was their own fault they had a problem.

I think people like to hide behind a screen name cause they feel that are invinisble.

If I have a problem I call Jim and can get answers.

Sorry so long...... couldn't get my fingers to stop.

Last edited:

TIAMAT

Established Member
Your post was dead on. I will go to JDM with alot of confidence. Jim seems to be able to answer just about any question i have about my L. Thanks.:eek:

SVT_KY

Established Member
Well, my '02 is new territory and therefore it might take
a few tweaks to get it perfect. It's just that so far I haven't
been able to drop more than a half second off my 1/4 ...
I know some of it is me, but even when I roll into it it
doesn't seem quite right.

And tonight I went out on the interstate, and the best
I could do was about 138-140 .... I thought the limiter was removed. And I was only at about 4200 RPM ...

So I will just keep looking ... I emailed Jim about some of these
problems, but I have been home sick today and haven't had
access to my Email ... maybe all the answers are there
tommorrow when I go to work .....

Cliff

[email protected]

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
Originally posted by SVT_KY
Well, my '02 is new territory and therefore it might take
a few tweaks to get it perfect. It's just that so far I haven't
been able to drop more than a half second off my 1/4 ...
I know some of it is me, but even when I roll into it it
doesn't seem quite right.

Cliff

Cliff
Hang in there bud, Jim will get it right. It took a while for the tuners to perfect the program for each year, and I am sure the 2002's will be the same. Every time he data loggs a truck he leans a little more and the programs get better.

I bet by July he will have the program perfected for you and all the 2002's

Users who are viewing this thread