Stability light comes on!!!!

DsG Cobra 03

Established Member
Ok this past Saturday i was changing my oil where i was parking it was a small incline with grass rear tires spun on the grass for a sec no biggie. after that while driving my car (i always turn off my traction control off) beside the traction light being "off" a second light above it that looks the same except no "off" under it came on. i read up on it and its the stability control light but there is no effect on the driving what so ever it stays on however sometimes it will go away and my traction turns on by itself i then turn it off again and it doesnt come back on could the sensor be dirty after spinning in the grass?

helloWorld

Established Member
I would guess it should be a temporary thing.

I had the same thing happen to me two winters ago. I had snow tires on, but I did have to park in the lawn of someone I was visiting. A light layer of snow mixed with grass and I embarrassingly got stuck for a bit. The spinning tires caused the "AdvanceTrac is broken, please service ..." message. I thought nothing of it. Turned the car off that evening, the alarm never came back.

DsG Cobra 03

Established Member
I would guess it should be a temporary thing.

I had the same thing happen to me two winters ago. I had snow tires on, but I did have to park in the lawn of someone I was visiting. A light layer of snow mixed with grass and I embarrassingly got stuck for a bit. The spinning tires caused the "AdvanceTrac is broken, please service ..." message. I thought nothing of it. Turned the car off that evening, the alarm never came back.

thats what im hoping im just waiting for a good rain and run through some puddles see it cleans the sensors a bit

heart_attack

Established Member
Was pulling out of the bank the other day and mine was flashing. Noticeable loss in power. Few seconds later it went away and started to accelerate like normal again. Never spun my tires or anything leaving.

Users who are viewing this thread