Stabil

Kel

Established Member
So, it's that time of the year again - went and put (or so I thought) Stabil in the tank and headed off to the dealer for an oil change before putting her in storage. I noticed a puddle on the ground and figured out it was the Stabil. I'm not sure how/why it didn't get into the tank, I know you can't use a funnel with the No Cap entry, and perhaps the small neck of the bottle somehow didn't get it into the tank, but I couldn't find any leakage where I poured it in? Silly question then, without a funnel, is there a "trick" to getting the container inserted properly? TIA.

SlowVert

Established Member
HA..... had the same thing happen.... this capless tank is a real PITA. The black portion at the top of the tank has weep holes in it - so while it looks like your pouring it into the tank - it's draining under your car.... I've been dumb enough to do this 2 times including last weekend.

You can use a funnel... but it has to be wide enough on the spout to fit into the filler neck YET hit the sides of the opening to work... if you look in there - on each side of the filler neck there is a tiny little ramp that if you push in both at the same time - seems to release the tank opening. I took the neck off my plastic gas can - push it into the tank and then poured the stabil down the gas can neck into the tank.... its a pain but I didn't have a funnel with a large enough diameter to work.

J.

Softballer77

Established Member
There actually is a funnel gentlemen. It's in your trunk. Check towards the aft part of your trunk inside. It's tucked nicely into it's own little foam-cut spot like the air comressor is. It fits perfectly into your fuel tank opening for many happy, clean pours. ;)

I didn't know it existed for a while either. Many probably still don't know it exists.

Users who are viewing this thread