SRT8 Jeep vs 01 Vette

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
I know, it's not a mustang race lol, but since I sold my 04, and waiting on my 2013, I have to keep myself entertained somehow lol.

Anyway, I have a 2007 SRT8 Jeep. Was able to get 3 good races in.

First 2 races, being that I'm AWD, I took him out of the hole no problem, and at that point, maintained about a car to a car and a 1/2 until about 110mph.

3rd race, he got a much better launch, we were literally inches from being dead even. It was the best of 3 races and it kept making me think of those movie scenes where you see the 2 cars and one inches out just a little, then the other one inches back up and out by a few. That's literally what happened. lol

From dig to 120, I'd pull him by a few inches, and then when my Jeep would shift, he'd get ahead a few inches, then same with me when his Vette shifted, its an auto.

Vette has Corsa exhaust and intake and a tune I think. Jeep has a boxed tune.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Impressive... considering the trap speed differences I figured 80+ he would have steamrolled you.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Impressive... considering the trap speed differences I figured 80+ he would have steamrolled you.
In reality, O.P was braking numerous of times and that POS LS1 still couldn't beat him. :lol1: :beer:

Great race O.P and sweet Jeep. I would've love to own one but that horrible MPG kept me far, VERY far!

S8ER01Z

Established Member
In reality, O.P was braking numerous of times and that POS LS1 still couldn't beat him. :lol1: :beer:

Great race O.P and sweet Jeep. I would've love to own one but that horrible MPG kept me far, VERY far!

I'm just hoping the wife won't kick my ass after I buy her one. lol :banana:

Dragu1a

Established Member
I was at the tuners shop yesterday and a srt8 jeep was getting dynoed...i watched it put down 378 to the wheels. I've always liked those grand cherokees. AWD off the line like a beast. Good runs.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Very nice. I showed a C6 my tail lights last week. He thought he could dig me at a stop light. :nono::nono::nono:

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
lol thanks everyone.

Very nice. I showed a C6 my tail lights last week. He thought he could dig me at a stop light. :nono::nono::nono:

Yep, all ours were from a dig. They are beasts out the hole. I have a video of the one run, just need to find the time to upload it.

He finally starting to reel me in at 120, but I shut it down. By that time, the Jeep is a big sail anyway lol.

Users who are viewing this thread