SRT-10 ricer wants to run

chuchomula

"Rehab'd Ricer"
Established Member
There is a red SRT-10 down the street from my office. Long story short, the driver revs his truck at me everytime he sees me. It always happens to be when we are in traffic. He did it again about 1/2 hr ago. My question is how would I do against his truck. It is an SRT-10 crew cab. What do they run? I have a stock 2000 L. The only mod I have is a K&N filter with my stock air box. What do you guys think?

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Don't waste any time.. Go kick his ASS!!!!! There's a dodge dealership close to my work and I drove the standard cab and the crew like 5 times just because the salesman was such a tool.I already had the L. I think you will beat him but not by a whole lot. I have an 04 with just a panel filter and I have beat a crew and a standard cab.

chuchomula

"Rehab'd Ricer"
Established Member
I can't wait to race him. I've had my L for over a year now and can drive pretty well even with the Toyo's.

MAT2CH

Enjoy The Ride
Established Member
chuchomula said:
There is a red SRT-10 down the street from my office. Long story short, the driver revs his truck at me everytime he sees me. It always happens to be when we are in traffic. He did it again about 1/2 hr ago. My question is how would I do against his truck. It is an SRT-10 crew cab. What do they run? I have a stock 2000 L. The only mod I have is a K&N filter with my stock air box. What do you guys think?

I read in a truck magazine that tested them both against each other that a stock Lightning could beat a SRT-10 up to fifty miles per hour but will then be passed and will trail the Dodge through the quarter mile. The L was 3.8 to 50 mph and the RT was 3.9. The quarter was like 13.3 for the RT and 13.6 for the L, but that was the best time for the RT as it ran much slower until they could get it to hook-up right. I also read where the new Big Cab RT was not only slower to sixty than a stock L, but also slower in the quarter mile. I guess the extra weight of the cab is enough to make it a loser. Most likely you will pull him so bad from a dead stop that he will be too embarrassed to try racing you again. Call his bluff and shut the mo-fo up....... No guts no glory. :coolman:

Last edited:

DA BOLT

Established Member
Race him off the line and not from a roll and you'll be fine. :burnout:

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
MAT2CH said:
I read in a truck magazine that tested them both against each other that a stock Lightning could beat a SRT-10 up to fifty miles per hour but will then be passed and will trail the Dodge through the quarter mile. The L was 5.1 to 60 mph and the RT was 4.9. The quarter was like 13.3 for the RT and 13.6 for the L, but that was the best time for the RT as it ran much slower until they could get it to hook-up right. I also read where the new Big Cab RT was not only slower to sixty than a stock L, but also slower in the quarter mile. I guess the extra weight of the cab is enough to make it a loser. Most likely you will pull him so bad from a dead stop that he will be too embarrassed to try racing you again. Call his bluff and shut the mo-fo up....... No guts no glory. :coolman:

The 13.3 is for the standard cab. When I drove them the standard cab is a whole lot faster than the quad cab. It feels so heavy compared to the standard cab. The auto shifts like crap too.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
The 2 door will be tough but possible, the 4 door you should be fine.

Why did you say ricer though?

Last edited:

chuchomula

"Rehab'd Ricer"
Established Member
Ricer. Because I can be parked or getting into my truck and he revs at me. For example earlier I was on the phone and getting off my truck to go into the bank, and what does he do? Rev the hell out of his truck. Like I'm gonna run into my L and rev back at him. That is a ricer move to me. Correct me if I'm wrong. I will be sure to post up results when I run him.

lightningmanny

Established Member
i have 99 stock L.........pulling into a citgo by my job there was two srt-10 one two door black and one 4door........the guy with the 4 door ask'd me if i wanted to run it.........i told 20mph roll....the guy had a intake and a magnaflow muffler.........i can say that i got him by two trucks......he told me that he was faster then his boy with the black two door..........after that i went looking for the two door but didnt find him..............just race him you well win................

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
chuchomula said:
Ricer. Because I can be parked or getting into my truck and he revs at me. For example earlier I was on the phone and getting off my truck to go into the bank, and what does he do? Rev the hell out of his truck. Like I'm gonna run into my L and rev back at him. That is a ricer move to me. Correct me if I'm wrong. I will be sure to post up results when I run him.

Ah now I see, ok.

SVT99RED

Established Member
oh no if there like lightnings then watch out its red!!! ha ha just playin the truck weighs too much to give to a real good run so go put that dodge in his place... Thats right reading your liscense plate!!!

dirtchicken

Banned
You will slaughter that shit rig. I wouldn't worry about it one bit. Get him from a dig and after ten seconds he'll be no where in sight. :whine:

supeg

Established Member
Im sorry I have Lightning pride as much as the next guy, but if he is a good driver you will lose. Good drivers in both a SRT-10 will beat a 01+ lightning in the quarter by a couple tenths let alone a 99-00 Lightning which is slower.

Most of these guys here know this, dont know why there feeding you this crap that you will kill him...

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
Just watch your skinny pedal, don't spin the tires too much, and you should be able to beat him....kill him, no he's go too much motor...but beat him....

MAT2CH

Enjoy The Ride
Established Member
dirtchicken said:
Beat him?? Says who, a magazine?? :burn:
This is from the January Car and Driver magazine about the Quad Cab SRT 10

"Despite weighing in at 5618 pounds (479 more than the regular-cab SRT-10) and employing a power-robbing automatic, this truck's performance still qualifies as exceptional. The Quad Cab's 5.6-second 0-to-60 time was 0.7 second slower than the regular cab's, and the quarter-mile was 0.6 second off at 14.2 seconds. The Quad Cab squealed its tires to a 0.83-g skidpad rating, 0.03 g less than its two-door sibling, and registered a lofty 147 mph top speed, just 6 mph slower."

If Chuchomula can run a quicker 0-60 time than 5.6 and the quarter mile in less than 14.2 then he could win.

truckin

Established Member
supeg said:
Im sorry I have Lightning pride as much as the next guy, but if he is a good driver you will lose. Good drivers in both a SRT-10 will beat a 01+ lightning in the quarter by a couple tenths let alone a 99-00 Lightning which is slower.

Most of these guys here know this, dont know why there feeding you this crap that you will kill him...

he will beat the shit out of that srt-10

according to some magazines the srt-10 is a 14 second truck, so is the 99-00 l but you have i much better chance with a l. b/c the auto trannys on the quad cabs suck ba!!s. the s/c harley will rape the quad cab srt10.
my two buddies 00' l's (with the usual bolt-ons, NO TUNE's) took a single cab six-speed srt-10 from a 5 mph start to about 60 mph. the srt was at the door.

best of luck with the race
my honest opinion is "you can do it"

Users who are viewing this thread