Sreet Racing Death in Philly

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Reminds me of Coopercobra03 car but his is a soft top and i think has saleen side scoops. Sad nonetheless

RedfireBeast

MACA Member #29
Established Member
Reminds me of Coopercobra03 car but his is a soft top and i think has saleen side scoops. Sad nonetheless

Ok thank GOD thats who I thought it was but I did not want to say that. A zinc yellow with black saleens not too many of those around.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Check out this vid the car involved looks like someone we know?? Not sure sorry for the post if it is.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/myfox/My....jsp?contentId=7090059&version=1&locale=EN-US

looks like Coops car. However that car is from Havertown....seen him a bunch of times. It was for sale about 3 months ago. They fail to mention this guy was all ready in a bad motorcycle accident before.
From another board
"also my parents just came back from his parents house it was his second time falling off teh bike the first time he fell bad and had a big surgery dont know details but this time he was racing and ugh no helmet which is dumb also they tried to save him but the surgery didnt go good"

Last edited:

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
well the retard on the motorcycle wasnt wearing a helmet.... not much of a chance your surviving a motorcycle accident without a helmet.

kinda a dumb place to race too.

Hrbdizzle

Freight Train
Established Member
well the retard on the motorcycle wasnt wearing a helmet.... not much of a chance your surviving a motorcycle accident without a helmet.

kinda a dumb place to race too.

I lost my brother in 2004 in a motorcycle " incident " And he WAS wearing his helmet.

I do not want to spark some debate on helmet laws. Wearing a helmet or not rarely changes your survivability rate. The majority of motorcycle deaths, the persons do not suffer from blunt head trauma, but body trauma.

Its what the body hits after hitting the ground, is what usually kills a person.
In my brothers case he hit the ground at about 35 CHP estimates and he slid into a 4x4 fence post cemented into the ground. A helmet did not help him one bit.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Not wearing a helmet is just stupid. This wasn't really street racing as they were doing it in an empty parking lot. I'd rather see that than on the street or with a hundred other idiots standing around, just feet away from the cars.

Sad to see this happen, but the bike rider was kinda dumb with the helmet thing. Nobody to blame but himself. Ya know the police are going to use this as a street racing example though, even though it wasn't.

Oh yeah, and his friend didn't seem too sad that he died. "Hey guys, our buddy just died, lets go stand outside of his house and smoke"

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member

I nearly had a damn heart attack! I see Cooper's yeller parked in KoP almost every day.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
That area has hosted street racing for as long as I can remember. Used to go there in the late 80's

qwikhuh

Established Member
I feel bad for the kids family but you have to use your head a little bit. If you are going to race at least wear some gear. I have had an accident on my bike and I credit my helmet for me being here typing this right now. I know several other people who have been saved by helmets as well. A helmet is not a guarantee but anything I can do to increase my chances of surviving I am going to do it.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I feel bad for the kids family but you have to use your head a little bit. If you are going to race at least wear some gear. I have had an accident on my bike and I credit my helmet for me being here typing this right now. I know several other people who have been saved by helmets as well. A helmet is not a guarantee but anything I can do to increase my chances of surviving I am going to do it.

True true, its not very smart to ride without a helmet on the street, even when its legal to do so. It's VERY stupid to ride without a helmet when you are racing someone.

Did they say how the Cobra wrecked?? I don't understand how you can mess up a drag race and both crash when they were in an empty, wide open parking lot.

convert03cobra

Established Member
That area has hosted street racing for as long as I can remember. Used to go there in the late 80's

+1. I grew up in NE Philly and used to watch street racing all the time around there. I thought for the most part it died down due to police involvement but I guess it still goes on. I'm sure they will crack down again after this sad incident.

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
Been down to Philly and have watched the races many times back in the day.Ive witnessed some really stupid things...such a shame when this stuff happens, as they shouldnt have been there in the first place...

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
Condolences to his family...

I use to ride my bike in Philly before/after the helmet law. I love riding around town without a helmet. Again, i said around town. To and from philly (lived in jersey at the time) I ALWAYS wore my helmet. Now once i got on south street where theres practically no traffic... or should i say movement, i took it off.

I'm all for the no helmet law. I dont understand what he was thinking to be drag racing without it though :dw:. That makes no sense at all.

Users who are viewing this thread