SRA with 28" Et Drags, wolfe racecraft lowers. What Springs to use?

GMundertaker

Established Member
I have an 03 with solid rear axle swap. 15x10x6.5bs billet spec wheels and 28"ET Drag 10.5 stiffwalls, they aren't even close to clearing, they even rub the bumper cover. It seems I need more spring, but searching I haven't found much info I can use. I have the wolfe racecraft lca's with double adjustable uppers. I have sn95 springs and I assume they have been cut, but I'm not sure as I bought the car built. Any help with this setup appreciated, I'm sure I can provide more detail if necessary.

Thanks,

Matt

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
I have the same exact specs as you. Rather than mess with Springs for ride height, I just went and installed MM weight jacker lower control arms. Yeah, it's an expensive solution, but I never have to worry about pulling and /or cutting Springs.

This way you could run 28" at the track, and then bolt on 26" for the street, etc.

GMundertaker

Established Member
I checked my springs today, they appear to be stock and uncut. I follow you about the weight jackers, but these are going to rub in several places. It appears i also need to roll the fenders which i'd really rather not do. It has been suggested that i go with a 26" instead. Can you elaborate more on exactly what you had to do? Mine even rub on the evap plumbing guard on the drivers side. Thanks, Matt.

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
I do get a little rub, even with rolled fenders. But it's not enough to concern me. It's certainly not cutting into the tire. As long as the gearing doesn't affect you, a 26" tire will work too.

cblevons

Established Member
Hey Matt I went with steeda drag race springs, I'm running the mickey et street 325/50/15 which is 28 tall i also have MM lca drag ones with jackers and are all the way down, steeda double adjustable uppers and still have about a inch and half clearnce will cut a coil out after i put more miles on to see if they settle more .

Last edited:

GMundertaker

Established Member
follow up

A few friends suggested that I call Mickey Thompson's warranty line. I did so and they told me the tires were out of spec. They had 88 3/4" of rollout. About 29.5" tall!! I've never ran these tires so I didn't really have a "baseline" to work with. I sent them back, they sent a new pair with 88" of rollout and they are a shade less than 28" tall. Problem solved!! thanks for the replies!

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread