SRA swap question

Josh7178

Established Member
I'm about to start my SRA swap in my 99 Cobra. I bought a built 8.8 from a 98 GT. From all I can tell it will be a direct bolt in aside from my brakes. The cars will be side by side and we are just going to be switching them out. I'm kind of wanting to keep my cobra brake setup as I just bought drilled and slotted rotors and new pads, but what exactly will I need to have to keep my brakes? And for those of you that have done the swap do you have any tips for me? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

blacksheep-1

Established Member
stand by....

I wrote this a few years ago, no longer have photos but the info is still good

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/f...394-new-edge-rearend-swap-irs-stick-axle.html

Unbolt the rears and swap parts on the ground, You'll need to swap anti lock brake lines, and the brake lines, along with the brakes. I'm thinking about this.....I already had Cobra brakes on my stick axle when I swapped them, I'm not absolutely certain that those brakes are interchangeable with those on a 98, you may end up with his brakes and visa versa. someone else may have to jump in here.

Last edited:

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Sn95 rear end housings are 1.5" narrower than a new edge cars (fyi) You'll probably want wheel spacers.

OW99

Established Member
You need brake brackets for the cobra size rotors. 96-98 cobra will work for sure, not sure if bullitt/ Mach 1 brackets will work. Chances are they probably will too.

But the gt brakes will not work with the irs so you might leave the guy you traded with stranded lol.

Users who are viewing this thread