SRA question??

Bflorhaug

Established Member
I own a 04' cobra that already had a SRA installed before I purchased it. I am curious to know, what does the SRA come out of? I have seen alot of posts of SRA's coming from Mach 1's and possibly Gt's. I would like to get some clarification on this, as I am also looking to purchase some other wheels for the vehicle, is there a different back spacing / offset etc. that I need to look at? Sorry if this has been posted before.

01yellercobra

Established Member
You answered your own question. They come out of GT's and Mach's. Look for the tag that's usually attached to one of the diff cover bolts. That should tell you what year it is and probably what it came out of. Other than that I imagine a tape measure will also let you know what year it came out of because the widths changed over the years.

Bflorhaug

Established Member
I think he may be asking which length is ideal.

Yes to a point. I do not have a tag on my axle as the previous owner either did not put it on or did not have it. Anyone know or have a idea as far as the lengths go which vehicle it came out of? I would assume that both the GT and the MACH1 axles would be the exact same, just dependent on years. My biggest issue I am trying to get resolved is if I have to run a different offset / back spacing wheel because of it? Again my assumption is end to end from a IRS and a SRA would be the same.

lilmarauder

Established Member
The only difference your going to run Into is the overall width. Up to 1998 is narrower than a 99-04 solid. I belive the irs is similar width to a 99-04 solid axle.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread