Sra guys

x275_eric

Established Member
ok so im putting a built 99 GT 8.8 in my 03 cobra. i have everything just need to get one more thing before i put it in. i need a part # to the yoke or u joints for connecting the rear end to the cobra drive shaft. please let me know a part # and where i can get it from.

thanks eric.

sdg97232

Established Member
Have you considered just swapping the companion flange from you IRS to the solid? That's what I did on my solid swap.

sdg97232

Established Member
I've done it twice with no negative effects, I swapped the IRS out of my cobra into my mach to start with (swapping flanges) no issues. Then when I swapped the mach back to a solid axle I swapped flanges again and I've beat the piss out of it with no issues.

KevinE

Established Member
Swap the companion flange from the IRS. Its much beefier than the stock 8.8 flange and as long as its installed correctly, you should have no ill effects

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
I have the pinion flange if you want to keep your existing T56 driveshaft. I'll sell it to you if you want it.

Wannabe4v

Established Member
Have you considered just swapping the companion flange from you IRS to the solid? That's what I did on my solid swap.
^ this. i did this on my sra swap on my 2003 torque it to 150ftlbs and call it, worked fine for me and others obviously.

cblevons

Established Member
summit racing sells the cobra pinon flange frpp for like 20. bucks thats what I did

blacksheep-1

Established Member
FWIW

T45->SRA ==45.5" DS
T45->IRS == 44.5" DS
T56->IRS == 43.5" DS

So if you use the T56 driveshaft it would seem that you would be giving up spline contact at the trans, so it would probably work, but if the suspension moved, under load then you could bust the front yoke.

My96z

Established Member
I just swapped to a Precision 448 u-joint from O'reilly and you can keep the stock driveshaft and the u-joint will work with the GT/Mach pinion flange.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
Lock the rear tires, use a torque wrench to see how tight the nut is, swap flanges and retorque, the crush sleeve will never know the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread