SRA control arms question

grant007

Established Member
did the sra swap last year. now im wanting to upgrade the control arms. but as im looking around 1. why is there a difference for 99-04? 2. what arms do you guys reccommend for a daily-daily driver? :shrug:

SCMOKN

Established Member
There should not be any difference. I've had these on mine untill I did the IRS swap. I have them for sale for $350 +shipping & Paypal fees if interested.

DSC01168.gif

Upper Control Arm Set, Upper Control Arm Sets: Metco Motorsports
Lower Control Arm Set, Lower Control Arm Sets: Metco Motorsports

grant007

Established Member
are they AL bushings? those look freaking beefy. what was the ride like. i use the 01 for daily driving 120mi commute everyday.

fastback brian

Established Member
upper arms are the same 79-04, lower arms 79-98 used a smaller 12mm mount bolt, the 99-04 have a 14mm mount bolt..other than that, the same..I just recently had my steeda lower arms off, after ten years of street driving they are just as tight as new, greased up and ready for another ten years.. I like stock uppers for street driving, anything stiffer than stock is where alot of the rough ride and noise comes from..

SCMOKN

Established Member
are they AL bushings? those look freaking beefy. what was the ride like. i use the 01 for daily driving 120mi commute everyday.

Here is Metco's description. These were in my daily driver as well and the ride was fine.

Our control arms are designed to be installed as a direct replacement for the factory control arms, but offer the benefits of the dramatically stronger billet design and Energy Suspension-brand polyurethane bushings. Each bushing has a grease fitting for long term, noise-free service. The arms are machined to accept the factory rear sway bar (or aftermarket equivalent) and require no modifications to the vehicle for installation.

Users who are viewing this thread