SRA Control Arm Options?

phfelts

Established Member
Hey guys, I've had a clunking noise from the rear end of my cobra ever since I bought it. The last owner told me what it was, but I've finally got it up on a life and saw the problem for myself.

I never got an exact parts list from the last owner (mistake I know), but as best I can tell the car has UPR Pro Series lower control arms and UPR Pro Series Upper control arms. The passenger side upper control arm seems to have worn out bearings, or something along that line because it was very easy to twist compared to the driver side, and it made a nice clunking sound as I moved it around. If that sounds really dumb, I apologize, I just don't know how else to put it.

Anyways, my question now is should I just replace both of the upper control arms with the same units and then just keep a spare, or should I replace them with something better? I seem to recall people on here not being the biggest fans of UPR, but I'll have to track down some other posts to see what you guys have recommended in the past.

I also have a suspension squeak from the driver's side when the weather sifts from warm to cooler weather rapidly. While I was under the car I saw that one of the bushings on the Strange shocks was in pretty bad shape so should I just replace the shock all together or is it possible to replace just the bushing?

Here are some pictures I snapped really quick so you can see the control arms for yourself.

img0428p.jpg

By phfelts at 2011-11-05

img0429zq.jpg

By phfelts at 2011-11-05

Thanks in advance for any input you can offer!

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
I'm not surprised you have suspension clunks with solid bushings on your control arms. These aren't designed to be comfortable or quiet in any way shape or form. If you don't like clunks and/or suspension noise, I suggest replacing your control arms with those that use rubber, poly or delrin bushings.

Users who are viewing this thread