SR performance brand reviews?

SL0W5.0

Established Member
I've noticed SR performance products are being offered at a much lower price point that comparable products from different brands. Why is this are they low quality, or is it just that they charge less but still offer a high quality product?
right now i can buy a set of sr lowering springs, lower control arms, upper control arm and an adjustable panhard bar all for $400 and they even do free shipping. This seems pretty cheap in the world of aftermarket car parts for all im getting. Im just a bit paranoid because i made the mistake of using cheap parts on my old car and i payed the price, but that may have been a good thing because had my vw not blown up i would still be driving that instead of a 5.0 :-D

Taderzngravy

Established Member
I was wondering the same thing. I ordered a set of springs from AM on friday since they were only $99

KrisR

Established Member
I have the SR springs on my 2011. No complaints. The car looks nice (not super low like Sportlines but more level than the FRPP springs or Pro-Kit), rides great. I can't comment on the other parts, never used them. I am using the factory struts, mounts, and shocks.

972129_10200362963894237_96309094_n.jpg

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF MANY SECRETS
Established Member
I have the SR springs on my 2011. No complaints. The car looks nice (not super low like Sportlines but more level than the FRPP springs or Pro-Kit), rides great. I can't comment on the other parts, never used them. I am using the factory struts, mounts, and shocks.

972129_10200362963894237_96309094_n.jpg

Car looks great, couple of questions.

Did you also install a adjustable pan hard bar with these springs, or just install springs and ride?

Also, did you install both front and rear or just rear?

Some threads lead you to believe that you have to swap the pan hard bar when doing lowering springs. I always thought that it was needed when you really lowered/slammed the car, but not with the 1" - 1.25" style springs.

These are the exact springs I am wanting for my "11. Gotta get the back end down on mine, it's rediculously to high stock. I like the height of mine in the front, but not the rear. I wonder if anyone has just installed rear springs with good results?
Thanks in advance.

KrisR

Established Member
Yes. I have a Freedom Racing aluminum adjustable panhard bar. The rear axle shifted over about 1/2" to the left when the springs went in. And yes, all for of the springs went in, not just the rears. I have heard of people using BMR springs in the rear and factory front springs to level the car out.

Teej281

Established Member
SR is American Muscle's own brand of parts. That's why they are more cost effective. They have the parts made for them so they get to decide the price point. Also, more than likely these parts are made by the same people that make the name brand stuff. Like those springs are probably made by Eibach. lol

1Quick4.6

Established Member
There just the off brand /generic . Just like people get the generic pharmacy items and bags of cereal at the grocery store. Cost is cut by basically using some other companies research and design .

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
Eibach makes springs for a ton of brands wouldn't be surprised if they made these. Actually with my ohlins coil overs I had on my last car Eibach made the springs they used as well.

Established Member
I have the SR short throw shifter and mounting bracket. I like it just fine for the MT-82. Its not a Pro-5.0, and this is not a T5... that was my favorite mod on my old fox body.

soSincerious

Established Member
nothing bad to say about my SR springs. nice aggressive drop without going too low. leaves a nice amount of rake. I paired them with koni yellows - set in the middle up front and full soft in the rear. rides great on the street. one thing I noticed is that they are MUCH heavier than stock springs.

IMAG1727_2_1_zpsf4456cb6.jpg

sho89

Established Member
IMG_3988.jpg

No issues from the springs here; after having them installed I took a road trip from North Carolina to Nebraska and loved every minute. Nice drop and good ride, IMO.

Last edited:

skipper630

I have the SR shifter and bracket for the MT82 and it is an improvement over the stock setup. I also have the stainless clutch line from SR. No complaints on either.

I could be wrong but it appears to me that the SR shifter is VERY similar to the Steeda shifter. (Disclaimer: I'm only going by pictures, I have not had my hands on the Steeda shifter.) Maybe their springs are similar too?

Users who are viewing this thread