Squeling noise from pulley areas.

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
I got a squeling noise coming from the pulley area on my car. Anyone have any idea on what this could be? Bad idler? Belt slip? Car has 26,000 miles and a stock pulley. Noise almost sounds like a centri blower but a bit more high pitched. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
spray some water or windex on the belt while it's running, if it quiets then it's the belt

98ATLBlueCobra

Established Member
yup try the belt first then if that doesnt cure it or show u whats wrong the take the belt off and start spinning pulleys by hand and see if u get a squeeky one. mine was my altenator but ya never know check the cheaper things first!

lococobra03

Established Member
I got a squeling noise coming from the pulley area on my car. Anyone have any idea on what this could be? Bad idler? Belt slip? Car has 26,000 miles and a stock pulley. Noise almost sounds like a centri blower but a bit more high pitched. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Get a long screwdriver. Put it on the suspect idler and then put it to your ear. You want have a promblem finding it.

speeder_0069

Established Member
when my belt was bad i sprayed water,belt dressing and soapy water cause i could not tell where the noise was coming from.It ended up being the belt but all those things could make it stop...

Users who are viewing this thread