squeeky whipple

stal94gt

Established Member
recently my whipple has started to squeek while cold but once the motor warms up it goes away. im sure its not causing damage but its really noisy. i have replaced every idler on the car including the 6 rib ones. the whipple isnt that old and it only has 3000 miles on it. anyone else have this problem? i dont want to have to ship it back to whipple over a stupid squeek, but i dont see another option.

Blueline

Established Member
Are you sure its not the belt bud? Have you pulled the belt and started the car to rule out the blower and or belt? If it goes away after warming up it could be the belt.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
i had a new belt do exactly what your described. the theory was that i might have got some coolant on the belt when i was changing things.

try a new belt first and see what happens

03SVTBEAST

PRICELESS
Established Member
I have the same exact problem. Squeaky noise and then it goes away after it warms up. I'll have to try a new belt and see if thats the problem.

stal94gt

Established Member
i have tried 2 new belts, a standard micro v and a gates green hd belt, but i will remove the blower belt and start it that way to rule it out.

black 10th vert

Established Member
That Gates belt is most likely the problem. They are noisy pieces of crap inmo, and will never buy another. Try a Gatorback next time.

Users who are viewing this thread