Squeeky sound on belt when motor cold

AbrahamSVT03

Established Member
Hello guys i need some orientation of this issue.

I just changed my belt from gatorback to gates using the 4 billetflow idlers + tensioner and a 74" gates belt. And what i have is a loud squeeky sound when the motor is cold , and the sound goes away when the temperature of the motor reaches the middle of the gauge (normal temperature) being idle no squeeky sound , increasing the RPMs and nothing of squeeky sound.

Do you know what could be ? For additional information when i changed the belt i cheked the bearings and all the bearing and pulleys are in good conditions.

Thanks guys for the help !

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
Take the blower belt off and run it for a minute or so. If you still have the squeak, it is probably the aux belt or one of the pulley's in that system. Tracking this stuff down can be a pain in the dupa.

MG0h3

Established Member
Is this a brand new belt? possible coolant or another fluid got on it?

I like to use a little water to diagnose belt squeaks but as stated above, removing the belt is the best and pretty quick.

I started getting a cold squeak and flipping the belt around stopped it.

Gary101386

Established Member
I have the same issue on my 04. I checked the idler pulleys and tensioner of the supercharger belt with the ol' trusty long screw driver to your ear when it is running and it wasn't any of those. my next step is to pull the supercharger belt and run the car as stated above. Hopefully I don't have the pull the pulley bridge and change anything there, but if I do it will be everything, new belt, new idler pulleys, and new tensioner so I don't have to do it twice...

01yellercobra

Established Member
I had the same issue when I ran a Gates belt. Since it went away when it was warm I left it alone.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
My gates does this when cold. Goes away when warm. Do the HD green ones do this? If so I may look for a gator back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

Established Member
My gates does this when cold. Goes away when warm. Do the HD green ones do this? If so I may look for a gator back.

Mine was a green belt that did this. It would go away within a couple minutes of starting the car.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Mine was a green belt that did this. It would go away within a couple minutes of starting the car.

Ok thanks my non green gates does the same. It's just annoying for a little bit then goes away.

Users who are viewing this thread