Squeeky noise from pulley or belt??

portedsnake

Established Member
Hi everyone, I wanted to get someones opinion or advice before I buy anything to fix the problem..but when I turn on my car in the morning after it resting 10 to 12 hours theres a squeeky noise coming from either the belt or the blower pulley(steeda 2.8) not sure which one..I was wondering if it was the pulley can I spray some wd40 not on the belt but just the pulley. 2nd option just buy another pulley or buy another belt. Has anyone had a similar problem?????? Please give me some advice I dont want to spend 200 or 300 dollars and it ends up that I could of fixed the problem with 10 dollar or something

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
sounds like pulley. just not blower, prob more lowers. hit'em with WD40 and go from there.

portedsnake

Established Member
But just wd40 on the pulleys them selves right not the belt?? Because then it will slip? At least thats what ive been told

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
best you can, just pulleys. it's not an easy task, but it will single out squeaking pulley. then go from there......

matt87

Established Member
dont use wd40! mist with water and see if it goes away. chances are its belt time.

Johnny03

Johnny
Established Member
Change the belt. Mine was squeaking pretty good after about 12,000 miles. I wet the belt with water and the squeak went away for a few seconds. My belt looked fine, but once the new one went on...cured.

Hi everyone, I wanted to get someones opinion or advice before I buy anything to fix the problem..but when I turn on my car in the morning after it resting 10 to 12 hours theres a squeeky noise coming from either the belt or the blower pulley(steeda 2.8) not sure which one..I was wondering if it was the pulley can I spray some wd40 not on the belt but just the pulley. 2nd option just buy another pulley or buy another belt. Has anyone had a similar problem?????? Please give me some advice I dont want to spend 200 or 300 dollars and it ends up that I could of fixed the problem with 10 dollar or something

Oddly enough I'm in the same boat as you. I've been having a squeek at start up but seems to go away after the car gets up to operating temp. Haven't gotten around to it, but I'm starting small and putting on a new Gates belt. I'll tell you man it really is annoying chasing one of these squeeks. But I'd start small.

*SVT*

What next?
Established Member
I had the same problem. It was a bad bearing on one of the ider pulleys for the inside belt. I just put new bearings in all 8 pulleys with bearings.

portedsnake

Established Member
Nnooo!! So no wd40??? I put some earlier on just the blower pulley and i turned on the car and it actually went away with in 3 seconds instead of the 1 minute the squeek would last...i am going to let it dry over night and see how that goes...am gona go buy a belt tomorow and find some where to install it..

rudycobra

Established Member
I would not use wd40 because the pulley when spinning is gonna throw some everywhere and most likely get on the belt then u will have belt slip

hotcobra03

Established Member
I just had this issue for the first time with belt squeak noise.

it only squeaks at cold start up..

mine was a bearing blew on inner belt ldler pulley..the bearing was working its way out of the pulley,

i did have the noise for 2weeks till sunday..while loading car i had it idling ,than it started to rattle very loud...good thing i was still at home when this happened..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread