squeek in first

VincodeY

Established Member
I had to replace my squeeling TOB so I did a clutch job while I was at it. Replaced the stocker with a SPEC 3. I resurfaced the stock flywheel as there was still life in it. Everything went smoothly and what-not. After a few months, it started to squeek. I put it in first, let out, as it's engaging, "squeeeeeeeek" then goes away once engaged. Only does this in first gear. Any Idea how to fix it? New flywheel or a full faced disc?

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I had a SPEC3 for about 15,000 hard miles and it never made any noise that I can think of

I loved that clutch and it's brutal engagement (6-puck, dual-faced carbon/ceramic disc)

now I have 3+ (full-face metallic/??) with better street manners but I think I like the 3 better!

BTW, ever hear a SPEC 5 ?
they squeak loudly at every engagement, which makes street-driving really annoying

Last edited:

VincodeY

Established Member
i like the clutch, just not the horrid squeak. you think if i get a new flywheel it would work?

DRPURTOP

Same issue

I know i'm bringing this back form the dead but I was wondering if any of you found a resolution to this problem. I'm not sure what clutch is in my 03 but the dealer said it had been replaced before when we went over the service records.

I thought it was maybe me not driving properly or starting off at too low an rpm? (what rpm do you guys start to let the clutch out at?)

Any help is appreciated

Does anyone know if this would be covered by ford's extra care warranty?

oneSICsvt

Established Member
I have this same exact problem with a spec 3 clutch. It sounds like a metal on metal squeek correct?? Idk what it is ive been trying to figure it out for a while

Users who are viewing this thread