Squeaky when driving

96Cobracomander

Established Member
Hey all, i have a 96 Cobra and when im driving i can hear a squeaking like the rotors are shot, so i did some tests to step on the breaks and the noise seemed to stop when i did that so i went out and got some nice new slotted rotors and new Pads and the noise is still there! i had the suspension checked by a performance shop and everything greased up and the noise is still there and its really starting to piss me off now, any thoughts on this squeak if its a common thing among sn-95 cars or what?

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Squeaks, rattles, vibrations... Show me an SN95 that has none of the three lol.

MustangMatt77

Established Member
Same here, back driver side is where mine comes from. I can really hear it when I drive by a barrier on the freeway with my windows down, and yes it stops when I apply the break.
I've replaced my rear brakes (with the proper caliper tool), the bearings, seals, and diff fluid. I'm in the same boat. I'm tempted to take the pads off the caliper and drive around to see if the noise stops.
Shocks are less than a year old too.

96Cobracomander

Established Member
i cant tell where its coming from but its pretty pronounced on my driver side, same thing when i drive windows down i can hear the noise off the barriers and it stops when i apply the brakes...

New Bilstien shocks and struts sitting in my house, hopefully that'll take care ofit, if you happen to find out what it is PLEASE share haha its so annoying!!!!

MustangMatt77

Established Member
Could be the bushings, I replaced the front with poly, but not the back. I'm curious though how applying the brake would cause the squeal/squeak to stop, if it were the bushings

Users who are viewing this thread