Squeaking w/ New Pulley?

JNY XXX

I had a 2.93 pulley installed about two months ago. Since that time, the car has let out a shrill squeak, which is noticeable at idle but becomes more pronounced once the throttle is engaged. I've replaced the stock belt with a Gatorback belt, and I've had that belt cleaned thoroughly several times. Before, when the squeak first started, it would only squeak when the engine was cold - as I ran the car, the squeak would go away, only then to return after the car had sat for several hours. Now, though, it squeaks all the time, even when the engine is warm.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Anyone have any insight to shed?

(BTW, my other modifications include Flowmaster mufflers, a Steeda CAI, and a Predator with a custom tune.)

Eatonup

Established Member
Hey Venomss, I didn't hear it when we were running around last weekend, but what your describing sounds like belt slip. You might want to try a smaller belt or an idler.

Matt.

03serpent

Banned
My car just started to do the exact same thing. But i also have a torn belt. Ill replace it soon. I think i know what is causing my squeeking. I notice that my pulley is not aligned with the stock idlers. Hopefully aligning it will make the squeaking go away.

03redfiresnake

Established Member
I have my car at amazon racing right now with the same problem, Linn had told me that a lot of people have been seeing the ford idler pullies go bad, Bearings. I will let you know what they find

JNY XXX

Hey Matt - that night, it wasn't doing it as bad - it has since gotten worse.

Thanks for the other replies. Looks like the idlers may be the culprit?

RGrossman

Established Member
My RR makes a squeaking noise but not sure what it is. Hasnt caused any problems in last 4000 miles since it started...

Painter

Established Member
I had a gatorback belt and that sucker whined, when I replaced it with a gates there was a small squeak when I touched the gas, the more I gased it the more it squeaked. I recently got an idler with yet another gatorback and the squeak went away but the whine came back. . So In conclusion I figured its the belt that makes the noises, and different ones make diff. noises.

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Sup John see you got your internet up and running but that sucks about your pulley problems. Let me know what you end up doing as I plan on doing a pulley soon. See what you started :bash:.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread