Squeaking Rear Brake

notfastenuf

vertias y aequitas
Established Member
2008, 3500 miles on the car, just picked it up last month. The right rear brake started squealing when lightly pressing on the brakes. Done plenty of brake work in my life, but I'm new to this chassis and the Brembos (I know the rears aren't Brembo). Found some other information on axle replacement being a problem because of runout. Any truth to this? I really hate to already take this to the dealership. Anyone else had to do this?

6-Speed

Established Member
I suggest just removing the pads and inspecting and cleaning them along with the rotors and then see if the noise persists. Might just be some grit caught in the parts.

notfastenuf

vertias y aequitas
Established Member
Perhaps.

Interesting, it doesn't do the squeak in reverse when braking. These are both on the brakes lightly, as you can tell the squeak slows down and speeds up. Just doesn't sound like a typical pad high pitched squeak issue.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoKtsNKgFF8"]YouTube- VID00105.MP4[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOVN3d7Xk30"]YouTube- VID00106.MP4[/nomedia]

Anymore thoughts?

6-Speed

Established Member
Hmmm ... doesn't sound like brake squeak. Take it to your dealer to get fixed, it sounds horrible!

Last edited:

6-Speed

Established Member
Here's a link to a thread on the Ford GT500com forum where a bad set of rear rotors were making the squeaking sound. I also posted a link to your thread there to see if the sound is similar to yours.

[ame=http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6867]Rear End issue on new 2010 gt500...please help! - Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 Forum[/ame]

notfastenuf

vertias y aequitas
Established Member
Here's a link to a thread on the Ford GT500com forum where a bad set of rear rotors were making the squeaking sound. I also posted a link to your thread there to see if the sound is similar to yours.

Rear End issue on new 2010 gt500...please help! - Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 Forum

Appreciate it - I was going to post over there but I can't post links until I have 4 posts. :dw:

Anywho - I got an appointment for dropoff on Thursday morning - went by this afternoon to make sure the service shop wasn't a shiithole. I'll be sure to report back.

TexasShelby

Established Member
Same thing on my 07, the float pin had stuck and wore the pad down and ruined rotor...

I'd get that off and relube it asap

6-Speed

Established Member
Glad to hear it was an easy fix. How did the pads look ... did they need to be replaced?

Next time I have the brakes apart, I'll be sure to re-grease the pins.

Users who are viewing this thread