Squeaking!have pictures inside please help !

oxw01svt

Established Member
whats goin on guys. ive been having this annoying squeaking comming from my pass side brakes. i took pictures of both sides driver and passenger and i noticed that they look different. in the second picture theres a tiny pin with a loop thats sticking out of the caliper. could that be whats making the noise? will new pads solve the problem? the sound only appears when im driving not when the brakes are applied. the first picture is the driver side and the second picture is the passenger side. thanks for the help guys.
l_0e8ef989def2cce0805518a38286f71c.jpg
<br>
l_9d3f7ecd1684fd516747097d05f67280.jpg

Last edited:

BlueVenom01

Established Member
whats goin on guys. ive been having this annoying squeaking comming from my pass side brakes. i took pictures of both sides driver and passenger and i noticed that they look different. in the second picture theres a tiny pin with a loop thats sticking out of the caliper. could that be whats making the noise? will new pads solve the problem? the sound only appears when im driving not when the brakes are applied. the first picture is the driver side and the second picture is the passenger side. thanks for the help guys.
l_0e8ef989def2cce0805518a38286f71c.jpg
<br>
l_9d3f7ecd1684fd516747097d05f67280.jpg

I have recently gone through the brake squealing issues myself...here's what I would suggest:

- that pin with the loop is actually a spring-type mechanism that should be underneath the calipers. looks like it has popped out - you will need to remove the caliper and make sure the "rabbit ears " are sitting underneath the caliper. if it is bent you can try to bend it back in place so it lines up correctly.

- are your pads in good shape? maybe they do need to be changed. they could be glazed over from excessive heat

- put some anti-squeal compound on the backs of the pads when you have the calipers off. make sure you put the compound where the caliper is touching the back of pad.

- get some hi-temp caliper grease and grease all metal to metal contact points. especially where the anti-rattle clips seat in the anchor brackets. also grease the caliper slide pins. the caliper bolts are attached screwed into these pins

- makes sure your caliper bolts are tightened to spec and the anchor bracket bolts are tightened to spec

- if these things don't solve the problem, you may need to get your rotors resurfaced or just replace the rotors.

Hope this helps...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread