Squeaking brakes

Zeromaz

Established Member
Every day my brakes are squeaking at almost every stop. Its embarrassing. Is this normal? All 2,000 miles on the car have been this way. I live in a very hot and dry climate if that matters.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
mine were doing it around town and it was annoying so i went and made it a point to stomp the hell outta mine on some back roads...i haven't noticed it since that day.

Zemedici

Established Member
It's a normal characteristic of higher end brake setups until they are up to temperature, a couple hard stops usually gets them up to temp from what I've seen

Zeromaz

Established Member
I stomped on them today hard enough to throw up .93 of a G on the accelerometer. Its almost all gone. Now all i hear is a slight hiss so when i go to work tomorrow i'll take some sweet backroad and smash my face into the windshield. Thanks for the tip

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Y'all need to clean your brake calipers. The only thing stomping on them is doing is dislodging the brake dust and making some of it fall off. Take a pressure washer or strong garden hose to them to wash out the dust.

Zemedici

Established Member
Yes, they need to rinse out their brake calipers. Works every time.

I cannot tell if you genuinely believe these things you say, or you're the greatest troll in the history of mankind.

Doesnt have anything to do with rinsing out brake calipers....has to do with the material used in the brakes....and although the GT350 brakes are not CC, the materials and design of the brake system still contributes to squeaking....I've sat in Ferrari 458s, Lamborghinis, etc etc - all squeaked.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/08/26/porsche-turbo-s-squeaky-brakes/14647529/

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
gonna disagree with washing them out. Ive had regular old Hawk HPS pads do that when new, as soon as I finish the bedding procedure it goes away. Hell, many brake systems will squeak more the first few stops after washing due to surface rust forming on the face of the rotor

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I cannot tell if you genuinely believe these things you say, or you're the greatest troll in the history of mankind.

Doesnt have anything to do with rinsing out brake calipers....has to do with the material used in the brakes....and although the GT350 brakes are not CC, the materials and design of the brake system still contributes to squeaking....I've sat in Ferrari 458s, Lamborghinis, etc etc - all squeaked.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/08/26/porsche-turbo-s-squeaky-brakes/14647529/

What the hell do you think is causing the noise?? The damned dust builds up and ends up getting between the pad and rotor and causes the high frequency squeal. And what the hell was that article supposed to prove? (From USA Today, no less. Not exactly an automotive authority.) And in case you can't string the ideas together, yes, pad material is a variable.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
gonna disagree with washing them out. Ive had regular old Hawk HPS pads do that when new, as soon as I finish the bedding procedure it goes away. Hell, many brake systems will squeak more the first few stops after washing due to surface rust forming on the face of the rotor

The dust exacerbates it, though.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I second DSG, bed your brakes in or replace with a lowdust from hawke like the HPS. I run a hawke low dust on 3 of my vehicles and have track pads from hawke that I put on for track days

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I second DSG, bed your brakes in or replace with a lowdust from hawke like the HPS. I run a hawke low dust on 3 of my vehicles and have track pads from hawke that I put on for track days

I dont think Id be replacing brand new pads on my GT350 just yet lol

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I dont think Id be replacing brand new pads on my GT350 just yet lol
if the factory pad is a high dust pad, and you arnt on the track, I would(and I have on my audi). I did it just for the ease of not having to clean my wheels every day and saved the other pads for DE days. Being that yours is brand new, bed them in a couple times. Baer and Hawke both have bed in directions on their sites

Zemedici

Established Member
What the hell do you think is causing the noise?? The damned dust builds up and ends up getting between the pad and rotor and causes the high frequency squeal. And what the hell was that article supposed to prove? (From USA Today, no less. Not exactly an automotive authority.) And in case you can't string the ideas together, yes, pad material is a variable.

but you dont feel the need to explain any of that? just 'hook a hose up to it' ? I've never heard of doing that, but rather bedding the pads......

The article explained the point....

Zemedici

Established Member
Not trying to be a dick, but I thought it would be self-explanatory. My apologies. And I mean that.

all good dude. And I know what you meant, but some of our newer (and less knowledgeable) members may not have, ya know? :D

Last edited:

Zeromaz

Established Member
Mind sharing a link to the low dust hawk pads? I can see them for the GT and ecoboosts but not for the 350. Thanks everyone. The dust and squeaking erks me badly.

Users who are viewing this thread