squeak squeak squeak squeak

djc

Professional Nerd
Established Member
Yeah, 03, 35k on the car, limited bolt ons.

Foot off the clutch pedal while driving and when I hit just below 2k, squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak. Lightly pushing on pedal changes the pitch of the squeak. More pressure and it appears to quiet it or go away.. can't hear well over the Stingers.

After poking around in this forum and searching, it appears that it is just a TO bearing and perhaps the sleeve, but regardless if one is that far, replace the sleeve is the general advice. I can order these from lethal. Please validate my assumption.

second, I read about replacing the spline shaft. Why would one do this? Should I do it if the I'm doing the TO and sleeve? Is it a nice to have or just another thing to buy? lethal also has some of these.

I do not attempt this type of repair myself as I tend to break more than I fix and I don't mess around with stuff when I don't know what I'm doing. What is a reasonable price to expect this to be done? ~$400?

I'm also assuming most of the labor is pulling the tranny. If so, should the clutch be done at the same time?

This relatively cheap fix can mushroom into a larger bill. I don't want to waste money on doing things, but I don't like paying twice for something (TOB/Sleeve now, clutch in 20k...etc).

Thanks in advance for your advice.

bgraiders323

Established Member
yes its going to be your throw out bearing and yes you should replace your clutch while they have your tranny off. and the reason they replace the shaft is because its a strong shaft because of it having 26splines instead of 10 splines, you dont really have to change it unless your geting like a stage 4 clutch and have over 500RWHP+

Reasonable price for clutch change like 300-400 bucks, REMEMBER to make sure they rebuild your flywheel as they cant resurface the aluminum ones

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
They can resurface your stock flywheel once...many have done this...

djc

Professional Nerd
Established Member
Thanks guys. I'll ask them to resurface the flywheel.

So it looks like I need to order:

TOB
Sleeve
Clutch

Which clutch makes sense for a limited bolt on car?

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
lightly pressing in the clutch got rid of my loud squeak... turned out to be the tob sleeve... it was broken in half and basically resting on the input shaft... just my .02

KILRSVT

Established Member
i have a clutch noise as well....i am pretty sure its my t.o.b and sleeve...throwing in a spec 3 and fidanza flywheel with a lethal forged retainer and ford HD t.o.b...

svtrookie

Established Member
i have a clutch noise as well....i am pretty sure its my t.o.b and sleeve...throwing in a spec 3 and fidanza flywheel with a lethal forged retainer and ford HD t.o.b...

same problem here. . .i will be doing the same in the next few weeks. God the squeek is annoying!

Users who are viewing this thread