sputtering/gargling sound in boost :(

supeg

Established Member
Great, the hits keep comming. I just found out I lost my job in two weeks and now in the morning today on the way to work I notice a weird sound when getting into boost. It only happens in boost, it sounds like a weard sputtering/gurgling sound almost like there is water or something in the engine?

Does anyone know what the the hell is going on now :(

mysvtf150

00 Lightning
Established Member
im having the same problem only does it sometimes when i don't get on it alot and it goes into boost..... people are telling me its the plugs and im going to take there word for it!!!!

CYA-LS1

F'n sexy
Established Member
Great, the hits keep comming. I just found out I lost my job in two weeks and now in the morning today on the way to work I notice a weird sound when getting into boost. It only happens in boost, it sounds like a weard sputtering/gurgling sound almost like there is water or something in the engine?

Does anyone know what the the hell is going on now :(

Thats sucks bro, sorry about your job. Mine is doing the same thing. I got plugs but trying to decide what cop to get

supeg

Established Member
Thanks guys. I will try to get a video of it.

Worst thing is I am broke right now and was going to sell the Lightning to pay for bills and such, but obviously cannot sell it now.

Very depressing

supeg

Established Member
I guess best way to describe it is when you go WOT the Blower whine is like constant, in this case the whine is like breaking up. It is hard to explain I will try to get a video

supeg

Established Member
Well think I figured out what it was and it now seems to be fixed. First I was low on gas so I thought maybe bad gas and filled it up with 94. Took belt off and spun blower freehand and it sounded like a water noise was in it which is what it sounded like in boost as well.

Here is a video of it, you can hear the weird noise when turning.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOOunvK3MWw"]YouTube - Blower sound spinning it freehand[/ame]

Sprayed everything down with leaf blower and checked for leaks as well. Got onto highway and got into WOT to see if it fixed it. Nope still same sound, I got a video of it but it is very hard to hear. You can hear it fluttering, its not a straight Eaton sound like before.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE_jZSly93E"]YouTube - In boost[/ame]

My brother who was with me said it did sound Like I got water somewhere so he suggested to drive fast on the highway warming up the engine see if I can get rid of it. So I drove around 120 MPH for 10 minutes or so straight with OD off and I could not belive it, no more noise or fluttering at all. It now ran just like before.

So either I had bad gas (Still ran like poop after gas though) or water got in somewhere bad.

I made sure I covered my intake so not sure how the heck water would get in the blower or whatever it was, but its fixed now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread