Spun beaings

crazycarlo

Established Member
yeah ive had 2 motors with bad bearings in them.......no it wasnt my fault, haha. Why do you think youve spun one in your car?

CJK440

Established Member
It happened to mine @ 54000 miles although I am sure the Vortech played a part in it:lol1:

Yup. 50k and a D1SC and mine went kablooey. 4 Rods let go at once and it wasn't even after a serious beating, just a little spirited driving up a freeway ramp.

I pay attention to oil level. Not a big fan of the alum bearings.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
DANG! I need to check my engine oil asap! Did not know this at all. Thanks for posting, sorry noob to the dohc motor.

amkoolaid

Established Member
Spun bearings

Run either Clevite bearings or F9ZE Ford bearing, this bearings are a mix of copper lead and can take more abuse. I'm a prototype engine mechcanic for Fords and bulit a 97 cobra motor for a guy with the F9ZE bearings and he ran it 3 qts low on oil and its fine.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
I'd say the number 1 reason why people ruin these engines is due to rod bearings. Good information I did not know about the types of bearings in our motors and better bearings to install next time! Thanks guys.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Im looking for bearings to replace the ones in the built motor im building for my eaton swap car. Its hard to find them for DOHC motos....any suggestions. And also why do they come in sets of 5?

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member

Fawk! That came out all wrong lol. Not a noob to mustangs nor cars but I meant that I didn't know these dohc motors were so sensitive.
Haha the post earlier made me sound like an idiot bahaha. I just meant that I haven't checked my oil since when I changed it 2k miles ago, is all haha. Sorry for the confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread