Sprint: "You complain to much"

dooberGN

Established Member
They gave credit to all those customers making their current accounts zero and waived the early termination fee. If those customers were really complaining so much do you think they really care? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
lol anyone who has sprint should beg for such a deal!

I had sprint for like 14yrs. Just finally switched to AT&T/Cingular cause they had the best coverage here and I can honestly say I miss Sprint. If they could come out with some cool CDMA phones I'da stayed but man, the GSMs are so much cooler.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
lol anyone who has sprint should beg for such a deal!

i would kill for such a deal. my contract with nextel doesn't run out until february of '08. now i get calls from them asking if i wish to extend it for a 100 dollar credit. "um, no thanks, i'd rather kill myself." i think i'll go with verizon once my contract runs out.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I had Nextel for a year when they were in their merger with Sprint. I've never wanted to kill so many customer service people in my life.

Most of that year, I lived in an apartment at school where I got absolutely no service. Hardly got any around campus either. I'm at the University of Maryland right down the street from Washington DC and couldn't get cell phone coverage to direct connect with my gf across campus. Still, you could get service in the bottom of our basketball stadium, which just so happened to be sponsored by Sprint.

I called them to see if I could get out of the contract after 6 months because I couldn't use my phone that I paid $50/mo. for. The lady was very nice and understanding, saying she would try to get the cancellation fee waived, and transferred me to a manager in the financial department. The dude I talked to was a total dick saying that I had signed a contract. I'm pretty sure that contract also said they had to provide me service in all the green areas on the map, which covers almost the entire state of MD and all of DC.

Literally the worst company I have ever dealt with. I really hope they go under.

Last edited:

txyaloo

Established Member

You honestly think Verizon is better than Sprint? At least Sprint doesn't unnecessarily cripple their phones by stripping out features and installing a substandard OS. If Verizon is so great, why do so many people install Sprint or Alltel firmware on their phones? They do it to get the features they paid for that Verizon has disabled to milk more money from the consumer.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Jesus H. man the only thing older than this news is your momma's titties

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
**** Nextel/Sprint...had that shitty ass service for two years. Got no cell phone reception in my apartment on campus and when I did try calling I would get messages saying lines were busy or people said they tried calling me and would get "please hold while the nextel number blah blah blah." My phone hardly ever rang as well, if you didn't leave a voicemail for me, I would never know you called 3/4 of the time. I've had Verizon and no real complaints there. Moved to T-Mobile and get more minutes and more features for less money then Verizon. Have had 0 problems with T-mobile so for now that's who I'm sticking with.

hunterp

Established Member
I can't really say that I blame Sprint. There are people out there who are such a pain to work with and can never, ever be satisfied. These are the kinds of people who call several times a day over the dumbest things you've ever heard of. No solution satisfies them and no compensation is ever good enough. There comes a time when the customer stops being right and becomes a drag and a time waster. A smart company knows when to cut people loose.

RiffRaff04

Established Member
I can't really say that I blame Sprint. There are people out there who are such a pain to work with and can never, ever be satisfied. These are the kinds of people who call several times a day over the dumbest things you've ever heard of. No solution satisfies them and no compensation is ever good enough. There comes a time when the customer stops being right and becomes a drag and a time waster. A smart company knows when to cut people loose.
+1, I think I read that these are the customers that average around 30 customer service calls per month. BTW I work tech support/customer service at verizon and we have plenty of customers like this too.

92z28

Established Member
Everybody around my area complains about Sprint and Alltel. I have had T-mobile for several years and they have treated me great. They just recently replaced my phone that started to act weird with a brand new motorola that is listed for $250 on their site for free.

BigMattfromNJ

Established Member
sprint is good in my area and they have the cheapest plans out of any carrier. 30 dollars for blackberry plan is great. and you get unlimited texts. nextel used to be the best until sprint killed it.

nothingelse

03SilverSnake
Established Member
I have sprint and I will agree all of their tech support people are ass hats. I switched over from Nextel to Sprint early in the year. I wanted to get a Pocket PC and well when i got the phone i called the number in the box for setting up the phone. And they had no record of me switching over the freaking guy kept asking me if i wanted him to send me a phone and it took me 20 minutes to convince him that i already had the phone which needed to activated. So anyways I was on the phone for over 3 hours trying to get the phone activated. I must have been transferred between sprint and nextel about 9 times. A month later i get a huge fing bill from them for around $130.00. I call them to complain and I get this lady that was so bitchy I told her what happened and she said well you should have called the 611 number and you would have never received those charges because it is free. I snapped on her and told her that I used the ****ing number that was given to me by her company to setup the phone. She pretty much said well we will have to look into this but there is not much we can do. Needless to say i never received the credit for that or the $50 rebate on my phone. I honestly believe that they make there people so stupid that you don't want to call in to complain about shit and they can continue to milk you for your money.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I will take our AT&T service thank you very much .... I have had verizon, sprint, and a couple of others ....

Users who are viewing this thread