Springs

MTI LS1

Lowest as in the most drop on the car, OR least price. If you want your car dropped a good 2" or more, I would go with H&R's.

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
Go with the kenny brown springs! I had them on my 01, I took them off the 01 when i got rid of it. I put them on my 03 and I absolutely love them. 650 FR, 826 R are the spring rates. Oh, BTW they are linear, specific rate (linear stay the same all the time). You will need a stiffer shock for the rear. I had the 03 rear cobra coupe bilsteins on my 01 and they did not have enough dampening. I got the Bilstein sports and they are perfect match. Even KB says to use the sports with the rear springs. The front stock 03 Bilstein struts are enough for the front springs. It is a good firm ride! If you want a little softer ride, go with Steeda. They are progressive, soft until you push it then they stiffen up. Just my opinion. Stay away from H&R and Eibach, unless you want the rear to be lower then the front. My KB springs give the snake an awesome look! 2 to 2.5 finger gap in the front ( gap between the tire and fender) and 3.5 finger gap in the rear.

JC

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Would there be any disadvantage to going with coilovers, besides price?

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
No disadvantage from what little I know. Ultimately, coilovers are the best. You can choose your spring rates, shocks, and best of all you can adjust the ride height you want exactly. Oh just thought of one possible downside. If you move the adjustment a lot, you might need a lot of alignments (maybe).

JC

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
we have been installing the Eibach J springs..they will lower the car about 1.5"...excellent handleing and good stance to the cars...

racerage7

Established Member
If you want low H&R is the way to go. I have them on my 03 and put some on my brothers. Love the look and love the ride.

SnakeR

Established Member
Originally posted by THE FLASH
Go with the kenny brown springs! I had them on my 01, I took them off the 01 when i got rid of it. I put them on my 03 and I absolutely love them. 650 FR, 826 R are the spring rates. Oh, BTW they are linear, specific rate (linear stay the same all the time). You will need a stiffer shock for the rear. I had the 03 rear cobra coupe bilsteins on my 01 and they did not have enough dampening. I got the Bilstein sports and they are perfect match. Even KB says to use the sports with the rear springs. The front stock 03 Bilstein struts are enough for the front springs. It is a good firm ride! If you want a little softer ride, go with Steeda. They are progressive, soft until you push it then they stiffen up. Just my opinion. Stay away from H&R and Eibach, unless you want the rear to be lower then the front. My KB springs give the snake an awesome look! 2 to 2.5 finger gap in the front ( gap between the tire and fender) and 3.5 finger gap in the rear.

JC

Why is the spring rate higher out back?

bskinner

linn tell me more about these eibach springs what else should i purchase along with the springs to do it right or are the springs all i need?

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Well I went to Eibach and H&R's web pages to get specifics because I like to know exact numbers.

All I saw for Eibach was the Pro kit and it is a 1.3 drop. I have had the Sportline series on just about every car I have ever owned because it is lower but they are not available for the Cobra. So what is this J series you guys are talking about?

H&R's had sport springs and race springs. Both it 1.6 in the front and 1.5 in the rear.

I am not biased at all towards going with only Eibach. I just know the ride is smooth and tight around corners. BUT I love LOW and H&R is a little lower.

Users who are viewing this thread