Springs

03CobraRed

Established Member
I have steeda sport spring son my car now. For one I do not like the way my car sits in the rear with these springs on it. Now the second reason I want different springs on the car is because I think that the car having such an angle to it towards the front is making the wheelhop worse. Now my questions are is this possible and what rear springs can I get to make my car sit like msp282's car, besides coilovers like his. H&R supersports?

Silver 03 Cobra

I agree. The wheel gap looks even front to rear. Eibach lowering springs :rollseyes will jack it back up in the ass if that's what you want. Kenny Brown sells rears sets without the fronts.

Poison_S

Established Member
Spring Comparo...

You may find this thread interesting...(Click Here)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

03CobraRed

Established Member
Im sorry for the confusion but that is not my car in that picture. That is MSP282s car and that is what i want my car to look like. Poison S that is exactly what i was looking for.

97whitecobra

Established Member
Anyone know how the ride is with the Eibach's up front and the H&R's on the rear? Also can you buy only two H&R's?

finally

Established Member
So, is anybody happy with the Eibach Pro kit? I have them and was planning to install them this weekend but I don't want to raise the rear and lower the front! What is the actual drop on an 03 that the pro-kit gives you?

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
The tirerack site they says the Eibach pro kit lowers evenly front and back 1.4" F and 1.4" R. The H&R springs drop the front more than the rear I think it said 1.6" F and 1.5" R. So the H&R rears and Eibach fronts would make it more level since its already has higher rear. That is just going by the numbers posted on Tirerack.com

So the Eibach kit should not make it worse based on those numbers.

Last edited:

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
Per Eibach R&D:
On 2003 Cobra's their springs lower the front .6" & the rear .9" on a stock vehicle with 3/4 tank of gas.

Be sure you do not tighten the control arm pivot bolts when the suspension is in droop as this will preload the bushings and cause an "over height" condition. Tighten the bolts when the vehicle is on the ground at ride height.

Another area to watch is the indexing of the coil pigtail into the pockets...just a little off can make a huge difference in ride height.

:beer:

valdo's toy

Established Member
Actually the setup in MSP282's car are coilovers, and if you look in recent threads he's actually selling his MM coil-overs, caster-camber plates plus MM's rear Biltstein shocks for $750 + shipping, believe me this is a great deal, I paid $912 for my coil-over set without camber plates nor the shocks, hope this helps. Good hunting

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
My Eibach Pro kit lowered my rear about .25". I wil trade you your rear's for mine if you like. I want it at least another 1" lower but do not like the idea of buying another 4 springs.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Originally posted by 78mphgpr
My Eibach Pro kit lowered my rear about .25". I wil trade you your rear's for mine if you like. I want it at least another 1" lower but do not like the idea of buying another 4 springs.

Your car in your avatar looks a good bit lower than that. Sits pretty nice.....

71stang99

Established Member
I just bought the H&R springs, the same part # as the 99-01 Cobras, I hope that these are ok, I had the Eibachs on the 99 coupe and I was happy with the stance even though they were not quite even in the rear, fronts were ok. are the torque values that same on the 03 as the 99? I have the CD for the 99 with instructions to intall and want o make sure they are the same fort he 03

Silver 03 Cobra

I've got the Pro Kit. The front wheel gap is less than an inch. Almost slammed. That is a hell of a lot more than their R&D says. The rear dropped maybe .75 inches at best. As far as the lower control arm pivot bolt, this is just another example of a manufacturer rushing something into production or in this case just adding the 03 and 04 Cobras to that part number without checking the specifications and now they are covering their ass. That's the lamest, bull shit excuse I've ever read. People have been complaining about Eibachs Pro kit ever since they made one for the IRS Cobras back to '99. And what is even funnier is their website contradicts what their R&D (bwahahaha) department says. They state a 1.4 inch drop F&R on their website.

Users who are viewing this thread