springs?

97cobrastatus

Established Member
kind of a newb question but are there any special tools i will need to install either H&R supersports or eibach sportlines on my 97 cobra or is it just unbolt the old bolt up the new... im only familliar with engines not suspensions?

am i going to need a spring compressor or anything?

thanks in advanced for any tips and info

kyle

SoddyRebel

Darkside
Established Member
i didnt need a spring compressor, just put a jack under the front a arms and lower them slowly, if needed use a crow bar to budge them out. pretty simple after u do it once.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
i didnt need a spring compressor, just put a jack under the front a arms and lower them slowly, if needed use a crow bar to budge them out. pretty simple after u do it once.

+1

I can't remember the last time I used my spring compressor.

Hell, I don't even think I could find it.

mackj66

Established Member
Don't need a spring compressor.
Use the jack method....I've done it three times now.

A little vaseline helps to slide them back in as well. Aaaaahhhh, vaseline has so many uses. :)

Last edited:

SVTContique

All i did was drop[ the A arm down in the fronts the whole way. Then grab a chain and wrap it on the bottom coil, get one guy to pull the chain as another guy prys with a crowbar, It comes out easily. Just make sure you arnt within the wheel well as te spring can come out fast.

Dont get a compressor, they are useless and a huge PITA to get to work.

The rears will just come out no problem.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
No special tools. DEFINITELY no spring compressor. I swear people who say it's required, have never installed springs before. Just an assortment of metric sockets is all you'll need
No more than 3 hours for all 4 springs. The rears take 30 minutes total.
That's for your first time.

Remove the swaybar endlinks, then put your foot on the A-arm and pull the spring out. The new/shorter springs will go in a lot easier.
BE SURE to buy the correct shorter endlinks, they make a big difference in handling.
http://www.miracerros.com/mustang/sway_links.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread