springs...

gud2goe

Established Member
i have a set of extra springs that are stock...i am dropping the irs to put gears in and waiting on my 4# lower setup to get here.....so i figure i have time to mess around...if i cut the springs is it the top or the bottom...i did a search and found both options..or doesnt it matter?

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
cut the bottom, 1/2 coil (circumference) will give a 3/4 drop almost leveling the car, perfect rake, plenty of clearance

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I'm fairly sure he was in reference to the rears only. What he specified will level the stance of the car and bring the ass down out of the stratosphere.

I just did it to mine, looks great now.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
mblgjr said:
I'm fairly sure he was in reference to the rears only. What he specified will level the stance of the car and bring the ass down out of the stratosphere.

I just did it to mine, looks great now.

exactly :thumbsup:

gud2goe

Established Member
got one more question...i see peeps talking about taking the bolts out of the strut, brake calipers and and sway bar....cant we just do the sway bar and then take the bolt out of the a-arm just below the strut and lower the a-arm?( this is for the front )....

which way do you put the cut springs in? clock them as the top was or clock them as the bootm was prior to cut?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread