Springs only?

2012GT

Established Member
Will the car be OK doing this only for now? I'm on the divorce budget at the moment. I was about to do the entire Steeda package but sh1t happens. B1tch didn't get the 5.0 though!!!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I have been running springs/ adj phb for almost 3yrs, but struts are now starting to make some noises.

Voltwings

Established Member
I'd recommend some LCA relocation brackets, as well as the PHB. Even at damn near stock power levels my GF's V6 A6 squats bad on the shifts with a drop and stock LCA location.

SCalla1384

Established Member
^ agreed, LCA/brackets will help a lot. But, he'll be okay for the time being with just a PHB. I did it for 6 months. No weird affects, just wheel hop. LCA/brackets fixed that

Voltwings

Established Member
Yeah ... the car does get to cornering funny without the PHB. Its not really something you notice until you put the PHB on and realize its not doing it anymore, then its night and day difference.

Puffy1228

Established Member
I agree with springs and the PHB. I went with a more aggressive drop with Sportlines but I plan to swap everything else out soon. Car barely has 4000 miles on it. The rear was at least an inch to the left before installing the PHB.

Last edited:

KonaFifty

Established Member
bros...he is on a budget. reloc brackets arent that much but if he doesnt track his car there is no point to get it immediately. get the springs and panhard bar, then go from there.

2012GT

Established Member
Thanks guys. Going with the SR springs and Phb for now. By fall I should have the circle d converter and remaining suspension. The car is just too squirrelly now that it doesn't even feel safe at speed into turns .

Users who are viewing this thread