Springs and Camber issue

Splatter

Established Member
Hi following up on the idea up trying to keep relatively close to the GT-r's etc. I was wondering about the spring/camber problem with the stock dampers.

Have a MM camber plates and was going to get some Steeda or Ford racing Boss 302 springs. Racermatt and Grant808 warned me that I should be careful since there is a space problem and I would not be able to get much camber without the springs rubbing on the tower.

What kind of camber can you get with plates and stock springs. I would guess as you lowered the car you would get more space and camber anyways??

darreng505

Established Member
You will get some negative camber automatically when lowering.
Running negative camber has a tradeoff though. It will help with cornering traction but reduces contact patch in straightline breaking. Depending on the track it may affect how much camber you want to dial in.

In my opinion it will be hard to catch a gtr by swapping parts alone. It has more torque and traction...and braking power.
There would also have to be a huge difference in driver skill.

I've caught Z06's on the track which is on par with a gtr so it is possible! I've got about $20k in mods on my boss.

Splatter

Established Member
Anything is possible!! even with me driving..... The Camber is really an effort to try to keep my tires alive for more then 3 sessions. But, if I can increase my front end grip that would be great as well. I heard that with -2 degrees you can add significant grip and tire life.

darreng505

Established Member
Anything is possible!! even with me driving..... The Camber is really an effort to try to keep my tires alive for more then 3 sessions. But, if I can increase my front end grip that would be great as well. I heard that with -2 degrees you can add significant grip and tire life.

That sounds about right.

Users who are viewing this thread