Spring Upgrade?

darreng505

Established Member
Well, yes. 30 seconds on google. But it says "coyote" springs upgrade. I was asking if there are people who know or use springs that are upgrades for the "road runner" motor which has different oem springs than the coyote I'm told. Maybe its those you listed and probably is, but since it wasn't clear, I asked the question the way I did.

So those look like upgrade springs. But are they beyond what is already in the boss motor (not the coyote)?

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
As far as I am aware anything beyond the Roadrunner spring will need stronger lifters and retainers as well, which only MMR sells, so perhaps that is the answer to your question. Although that could also depend on the cam and power delivery chosen to run with said spring... its really a grey area to an extent.

darreng505

Established Member
Good points. Here's why I'm asking. I will be adding the CJ intake et. al. and bumping my RPM limit up to 8000. Undecided yet on cams (whether they will provide much). If I stay with the stock cams, do you think spring upgrade is needed?
If I go with CC stage 3's, then would these springs help keep motor integrity?

AZBOSS

Established Member
Roush has an upgraded spring that they use in their sealed 302R engine builds. Contact RPP or Ford Racing to find out more. Rehagen probably knows about this as well.

Voltwings

Established Member
Roush has an upgraded spring that they use in their sealed 302R engine builds. Contact RPP or Ford Racing to find out more. Rehagen probably knows about this as well.

They can probably be had cheaper from a vendor on this site. I thought these were OEM parts, didn't realize they were aftermarket, but since they're "Ford racing" I suppose it makes sense. Certainly a lot cheaper than other options... probably designed for high RPM N/a, but not really boost.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-rac...0l-4v-gt-boss-302-s-r-2011-2012/p/M6513M50BR/

darreng505

Established Member
They can probably be had cheaper from a vendor on this site. I thought these were OEM parts, didn't realize they were aftermarket, but since they're "Ford racing" I suppose it makes sense. Certainly a lot cheaper than other options... probably designed for high RPM N/a, but not really boost.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-rac...0l-4v-gt-boss-302-s-r-2011-2012/p/M6513M50BR/

I ordered a set of these but someone else said these were already in my boss. Is that right?

Voltwings

Established Member
They're the same price as the Boss springs, but that is beyond me. Its the exact same description as well.

darreng505

Established Member
On AM it says they are standard on the boss and 8000 RPM compatible. If that's the case....IF....then I guess I'm good and don't need to swap them out. But was just checking to see if there is a upgrade from this particular spring (for the RR motor).

Users who are viewing this thread