Spring questions/ spring rates

cobra1718

Established Member
Dont know what the spring rates are for the Boss. I am sure that are not the same as a GT. My question is will the gt lowering springs drop the Boss more or less than the advertised drop listed for each lowering spring??

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Less, the Boss is 1mm lower in the rear and 11 mm's lower in the front than a GT. Or something close to that.

AZBOSS

Established Member
Nice info...thanks. I would be nice to see how the converted spring rates (from lbs to kg) equate to the reported numbers posted by FoMoCo (the reported spring rates that are believed to erroneous).:??:

Not sure what the erroneous numbers are that you're referring to, but it's not difficult to do the calculation.

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
I realize it's not difficult to convert...I was actually just being too lazy to even search for the information I was referring to.

But since you asked...conversation starts up near the end of page 1 and onto page 2:
Boss and LS Suspension Specs and Settings

It is interesting that the link you posted at the Brembo site also listed the rear spring rates heavier than the front.

Last edited:

cobra1718

Established Member
so.... if say the advertised drop on Eibach prokit for a GT is 1.0 front and 1.5 rear what should I expect if the drop is less?

Users who are viewing this thread