Spring Meet in WI

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
Just wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone is up for it, and to see if we can't get a location, date in place for a possible meet...I have a list of everyone that I've seen that lives in Wisconsin so I'm PMing everyone...

hopefully we can get something figured out, never really participated in one before, and would like to meet everybody thats interested...

thoughts/comments welcome - :beer:

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
Jeff-'03 you have any ideas on location/date...?

edit: I guess we can wait and see who all replies and choose something dependent on everyone's location...but if you've been to a meet and the spot was pretty sweet go ahead and let everyone know...

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
All of the SVTOA get togethers we have are either at the track or one of our WI chapter SVTOA meetings/curises/events. Link to message board with events and discussion can be found here:

http://www.wisvtoa.com/wisvtoavb/

Everyone is welcome.

Come join us!!

Bruce Cameron
WISVTOA Assistant Chapter Director

Last edited:

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
hey guys.
we should look on the svtoa for wisconsin site.
i think they have a early spring meeting at a ford dealership in early spring.
it will probably be anouther two weeks before my car is done.

or maybe we can set up a dyno day. i know of a place about 20 miles north of milwaukee. and its only like 80 bucks.
ill dig into it if you guys want.
just let me know what you all want to do

J

i guess ac427cobra is already on the same page..... i just read that

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
themadgmkillr said:
I like the meet part of it give us a date/location of this dealership

Griffin Ford, Waukesha, WI on Hyw 18 just west of I-94 :thumbsup:

Schedule of remaining events for the year:

April 8 - Detailing Workshop - Griffin Ford - 12:00 PM
Tips on how to keep your vehicle looking good will be presented.

April 19 - Shop Talk - Griffin Ford - 6:30 PM
Planning meeting for the the Icebreaker and Autobahn discussion.

April 29 - WISVTOA Dyno Day - C&M Automotive - 8:00 AM
See what HP and TQ your vehicle is actually putting the pavement on the dyno. Marv will also be offering tunes for as well; all at special WISVTOA member pricing.

May 2 - WISVTOA Night at the Drags - Great Lakes Dragaway - 6:00 PM
Now that you have seen what your vehicle is capable of on the dyno, see how it performs on the dragstrip. There will be special admission pricing for WISVTOA members.

May 6 - NWSCC at the Milwaukee Mile - State Fair Park - Time TBA
Join us as guests of the Northwoods Shelby Club for a day of open tracking at the Milwaukee Mile.

May 7 - WISVTOA Icebreaker - Griffin Ford - 11:00 AM
Join for our 5th annual Icebreaker.

May 17 - Shop Talk - Griffin Ford - 6:30 PM
We will be holding a drivers clinic in preparation for the SVTOA On Track event at the Autobahn.

May 20 & 21 - SVTOA On Track at the Autobahn
This is a great event at a great track. The Autobahn is located in Joliet IL and is a 2 day event. SVTOA will have instructors on hand for novices and anyone else who may need one. The track is well laid out has proven to be a favorite for both beginners and track veterans.

We will be organizing a caravan to leave Milwaukee on Friday morning and be staying overnight Friday and Saturday. Registration and hotel information will be announced as soon as it becomes available.

May 24 - Road Trip! - Kiltie Cruise - Griffin Ford - 6:00 PM
Join us for our first Road Trip! of the season as we take our annual cruise out to the Kiltie Drive-in in Oconomowoc. We will meet at Griffin Ford at 6:00 PM and cruise as a group or 2 groups out to the Kiltie.

June 10 & 11 - SVTOA On Track at Putnam Park
This event is located just 45 minutes west of Indianapolis and will be SVTOA's 2nd year at this track. As always, SVTOA offers driver instruction and lots of track time.

More information will be available as we get closer to this date.

June 14 - Road Trip! - Pistol Pete's Pub & Grill - 6:00 PM
We will be the featured car club at Pistol Pete's weekly gathering of "Wednesday Night Classics." This has become an annual favorite for both WISVTOA members and Wednesday Night Classic regulars. Come out and share your SVT and Ford enthusiasm with a group of true car nuts of all makes and eras.

June 25 - 3rd Annual WISVTOA Cruise and BBQ - Griffin Ford - 11:00 AM
Join us for a cruise to and through the Holy Hill area followed by a BBQ on Sunday, June 25.

We will meet at Griffin Ford at 11:00 AM. From here we will cruise as a group or a couple of groups, depending on attendance, to and through the scenic roads in and around the Holy Hill area. We will end our cruise at Marv & Crystal's house where we will have a picnic style BBQ. We hope to have a number of great items to be raffled off as well.

July 8 - Volo Auto Museum Cruise - Griffin Ford - 9:00 AM
We will meet at Griffin Ford to cruise to the Volo Auto Museum in Volo, IL.

The Volo Auto Museum and Antique Malls compound is made up of five showrooms with 300 collectible and Hollywood cars; three large antique malls with 350 dealers displaying their unique finds; and the Mercantile Mall housing a broad array of gifts and the largest selection of die-cast automobiles in the Midwest. This is a great family oriented destination. After touring the museum, we will be meeting at local restaurant before returning to Milwaukee.

For more museum info, go to http://www.volocars.com/

July 15 & 16 - SVTOA On Track at Gingerman Raceway
This On Track event has become very popular as Gingerman is a challenging 2 mile track much like the Autobahn. Located in South Haven, MI, you can get to Gingerman via the ferry across the lake or by car around the horn through Chicago.

More registration and hotel information will be available as we get closer to the event date.

July 18 - Road Trip! - Wayne's Drive-in - 6:00 PM
Join us at a Classic American Drive In - Wayne's Drive-in in Cedarburg, for for a night of cars, music, prize drawings, contests for the kids and some great food.

July 23 - Wisconsin Ford Club Car Show at Soeren's Ford - 8:00AM
Join us as guests of the Wisconsin Ford Club and show your car in one of the areas largest car shows. There will be a special catagory for SVT cars and trucks.

August 5 & 6 - NWSCC/SVTOA at Road America - Elkhart Lake
Join for a special SVTOA On Track event as we will have a run group dedicated to SVTOA members only within this classic annual event put on by our friends at the Northwoods Shelby Club.

More information will be available as we get closer to the event date.

August 16 - Road Trip! - Destination TBA
Keep watching the Coming Chapter Events forum for more information.

August 26 - Cruise and Tour of Bob Perkins Mustangs - Griffin Ford - 11:00 AM
Join us for a cruise to the famous Bob Perkins Mustang facility. Bob is nationally recognized as one of, if not the, premier restorer of earlier model Mustangs. His shop has numerous old and rare Mustangs and Mustang memorbilia on display. This is truly a "must see" event.

September 20 - Road Trip! - Destination TBA
Keep watching the Coming Chapter Events forum for more information.

September 22 to 24 - WISVTOA/SVTOATC Joint Fall Cruise to the Dells - Griffin Ford
This is a joint event with our SVTOA brothers and sisters from the Twin Cities. We will meet at Griffin Ford on Friday the 22nd and organize groups to cruise the back roads to the Dells.

More hotel and event information will be available as we get closer to the event date.

September 30 & October 1 - NWSCC at the Autobahn - Joliet, IL
Join us as guests of the Northwoods Shelby Club at the Autobahn.

More registration and hotel information will be available as we get closer to the event date.

October 7 - WISVTOA Day at the Drags - Great Lakes Dragaway - 9:00 AM
Join us for a day of drag racing at Da Grove. There will be special WISVTOA member adimission discounts available.

October 18 - Shop Talk - Griffin Ford - 6:30 PM
Shop Talk returns to Griffin Ford as winter approaches. Topic to be determined.

November 15 - Shop Talk - Griffin Ford - 6:30 PM
Topic to be determined.

December 9 - WISVTOA Annual Meeting - Griffin Ford - 9:00 AM
Join us for the annual meeting where we will discuss past activities of 2006 and talk about what we want to do for 2007 as well as appoint officiers for the coming year.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
In case anyone here is interested in an outstanding Detailing Workshop, Chris puts on an a fantastic detailing clinic and is extremely knowledgeable in auto care.

If you have any doubts on how to take car of your pride and joy, this is a must attend event.

Here are the details:

Detailing Workshop - April 8 - 12:00 PM - Griffin Ford

This workshop is geared towards how to maximize the appearance of your clearcoated vehicle, generally some late 80's and nearly all early 90’s and up.

We will cover in depth the 5 universal basics of car care in the workshop:

1. Washing
2. Cleaning
3. Polishing
4. Protecting
5. Maintaining

We will also be covering cleaning and detailing of the engine bay as well as some tips on choosing and using an orbital buffer. I think you will be surprised how easy it is to achieve “show quality” results with a minimum investment of time and money. This is one event that will give you tips you can use for the rest of your life no matter what kind vehicle you own.

Hope to see you there!

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
dyno days are fun. even if we can get 3 or 4 people its fun and marv might even give us a discount too.
he also does sct custom tunes if any one wants one.
he is the guy that is doing my procharger tune for me.
ill be calling him up next week to set up a time for me.
if you guys want ill talk to him about getting a couple of us in and what he would charge.
i think last time we did a dyno day 5 people showed up and he charged 80 bucks for 2 runs and a dyno graph. and i had some base tune stuff done to my procharger.
if you want tuning stuff done he charges 90 bucks an hour dyno time and that includes him tweeking it for you.

the detailing thing at griffen sounds fun too. its been a couple years since ive been to a svt meeting

J

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Hey Guys:

Sorry to say, the Dyno Day at C&M Performance has been cancelled due the the overwhelming workload they have at the shop right now.

Sorry about that. I can keep you posted if and when the reschedule is announced.

Users who are viewing this thread