Spring is in the air

SnakeCharmed

Established Member
Well 55 degrees in Frederick MD today and although there is still to much melting snow for me to break the 03 out of storage, I definitely am getting the urge.

Last night I saw my first 03 Mach1, sweet. Pictures do not do these cars justice. It was the blue which in the pictures I thought looked putrid. I love the color very retro. Lower it an inch and widen the back wheels with some 285's to 315's. Nasty. I did not like the rims in pictures, but they look good in person. It is a very agressive looking car.

Then, today I am cruising S down Rt 270 towards Rockville and see a silver 03 Cobra going N toward Frederick MD with what appeared to be black Bullit rims. The lip was polished so I am assuming they were Bullits. What a awesome looking car, you gain a whole new appreciation for these cars when you see one driving down the road. The wheels really looked good against the silver. I don't see how anyone could mistake these cars for anything other than the monster they are.

Okay the snake will be out soon, and I start saving my pennies to buy an 03 Mach1 when they start showing up on the used market. I hope I can convince the wife the Mach is hers, that way I'm sure to be able to buy it.

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Heh....that must have been Trader's car. He lives in Germantown. If you see and hear a Redfire 03 in the Gaithersburg area, it may be me ;)

park1%20_1_.jpg

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
45 and sunny here in AK, and those "wet cotton balls" is more snow than in all on Anchorage.....I am seeing a full pound more boost at night!

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
Hey you MD guys keep your eye open for some kind of north east get together. Theres a bunch of us from the tri-state area. I'm sure we'd all be interested in doing something.

I keep hearing the topic brought up, but no one sets anything in stone.

SnakeCharmed

Established Member
Redfire, that is the car, nice. Where did you guys get your cars. I got mine at Sheehy of Gaithersburg off 355 in Mont Village.

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
Sunny, low to mid 60s yesterday and today. All of next week looks the same. AAAHHH...bring on summer!:coolman:

I despise winter.

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
SnakeCharmed, same here. I live in Montgomery Village. Steve sold it to me. Where you at the FreestateSVTOA meeting on Saturday?

Needforspeed, We actually have a couple of things in the works through our local SVTOA chapter, www.freestatesvtoa.com . We are planning a trip to Carlisle, drive through the .Catoctin Mountains , and some other show

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by NeedForSpeed
Hey you MD guys keep your eye open for some kind of north east get together. Theres a bunch of us from the tri-state area. I'm sure we'd all be interested in doing something.

I would be interested. Of course it will have to wait a while until all the salt and slop gets cleared off the streets.

Leadhead

Melodramatic Nihilist
Established Member
Originally posted by NeedForSpeed

Would you take a Sonic Blue from VA? I work in MD if this qualifies!

Users who are viewing this thread