spring help

johnjib

Little '99 SVT
Established Member
What's up guys? Well I did a search and it became annoying or maybe I am lazy. Anyway. I have cut springs and am tired of the fact that the bottom of my car is parallel to the road. I want a muscle car stance with the back a little higher than the front with eibach springs. So I was thinking of the sportline since they are a little lower but how do I make the car have the aggressive stance? Thanks for the help.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
johnjib said:
What's up guys? Well I did a search and it became annoying or maybe I am lazy. Anyway. I have cut springs and am tired of the fact that the bottom of my car is parallel to the road. I want a muscle car stance with the back a little higher than the front with eibach springs. So I was thinking of the sportline since they are a little lower but how do I make the car have the aggressive stance? Thanks for the help.

Play w/ the spring issolators.

Either add some MM poly iso's on the back or take the iso's out in the front. You could do both actually but frankly my bet is the car would look "unbalanced" if you take the iso's out in the front and put both poly iso's in the back you'll definitely get a raked look.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
johnjib said:
I would like a good functional spring setup.
Ah, well the way you stated the question it seemed like you'd already decided on a spring set up but you were trying to figure out how to get the raked look. If you get the Sport Lines the car will be slammed, and the Pro Kit should be about 1.25" drop. Either way, the ride height is still going to be parallel to the ground.

Sooo . . . .

I'm going to stick w/ you'll want to play w/ which end of the car and how many iso you place. Trust me, the MM poly iso's can make a 1/2" difference in the stance of the car so if you have both iso's in the back and no iso's in the front that will make about 3/4" - 1" difference from front to back.

. . . and a word of warning, don't even think about cutting aftermarket springs as will screw up the spring rate which will destroy your ride quality and cause you to destroy tires because the suspension geometry and alignment will be all fubared!

johnjib

Little '99 SVT
Established Member
You guys are animals. A raked look is definately what I want. So would H&R be the best choice or eibach's as low as possible with isos in the back? I have not chosen a sure spring setup yet. I don't road race. I don't even quarter mile. I would like to run down the road but that is when everything is setup properly. So I need tires to last and have a good functional setup like I said. Are the isos easy to install? Thanks again for all the help.

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
i have the H&R sports and do have a raked look... would be much easier for you though... well less expensive anyways to just play with isos

johnjib

Little '99 SVT
Established Member
does anyone know a site where I can buy the sportlines for 99 cobra vert. I can't find them only pro kits. Thanks.

o0rikio0o

Established Member
i have HR sports. they had a reverse rake but then it slowly went away and started to look parallel. i threw in MM isolators and now i got a good rake going.

Users who are viewing this thread