Spraying on a blown setup

Adiabatik

Banned
What are some of the key notes for spraying on a forced induction setup?

Do you need additional fuel?
How does timing come into play?

For reference sake:
Forged 4.6
9.5 cr
Fuel good for 600rwhp on boost
D1SC @ 16lbs

Im really wanting to spray at the track for a little more "oomph". Would I be able to just add some spray (150 shot or so) without anything else?

racecougar

MN12 parts guy
Established Member
Yes, you'll need to add fuel to match the additional oxygen provided by the nitrous. You'll want to retard ignition timing globally when spraying. How much depends on how large of a shot you run. I'd absolutely suggest starting off with something a bit smaller than a 150 shot and working your way up.

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
For example, Im running 100 wet shot, and my n20 tune has 2 degress of timing pulled for it.

NitrousExpress

Established Member
Usually on anything under 100 shot, on a boosted application, nothing really needs to change, for a 150 shot, you will probably need a degree or two of timing pulled, you'll wanna run at least 93 octane, which I'm sure you are. Other than that, your fuel system should be up to par. There is definately more fine tuning to it than what I mentioned, these are just the basics. If you have any questions I haven't been able to answer, BBR can provide alot of help with this sort of thing, or you can PM me.

Thanks buddy.

-Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread