spraying 100 or more shot

JaketheSnake

roll race? where?
Established Member
who does on it their 03-04 qand what kit and what safety features are you using? im thinking of going the edelbrock dry kit and spraying a 75 shot but im interested in spraying a 100 shot..im thinking of a window switch for safety to add to the kit...any suggestions?

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Originally posted by JaketheSnake
who does on it their 03-04 qand what kit and what safety features are you using? im thinking of going the edelbrock dry kit and spraying a 75 shot but im interested in spraying a 100 shot..im thinking of a window switch for safety to add to the kit...any suggestions?

did you dyno before and after the nitrous install? I was wondering what you gained off a 75 shot. People with 30 shots are gaining 60 rwhp and 100 rwtq.

cbrtrx

Established Member
jake, 03 cobra with 100 shot i dont think will last long, if you must run nitrous through that s/c i would do a 30 or 50 shot, people got very good numbers from it

notch3o2

i8urmama
Established Member
i went with a wet system...i think im gonna go with a 50 shot keep it small keep it safe

JaketheSnake

roll race? where?
Established Member
i dont have the spray yet, im still working on some other stuff, im just seeing what people are doing the 100 shot or more, I def want to start out with the 50 shot and then try the 75 shot for sure

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Originally posted by Griffin
100 SHOT= BOOM!

Is that from experience? Wouldnt it be in the tune? Why can some have 650rwhp w/ a KB then spray a 40 shot and end up with over 700rwhp but nobody can spray a 100 shot on a slightly modded Cobra and live.

Griffin

Established Member
Becuase without major fuel upgrades it will only be a matter of time

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by 04MystiCobra
Is that from experience? Wouldnt it be in the tune? Why can some have 650rwhp w/ a KB then spray a 40 shot and end up with over 700rwhp but nobody can spray a 100 shot on a slightly modded Cobra and live.

I completely agree. But you have to remember that KB's usually have a lot of fuel system upgrades. If you get larger injectors, focus pumps and maybe a boost-a-pump, 100 shots should be no problem (assuming the tune is safe!).

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
even with the larger injectors, focus pumps, and a boost a pump you need to start to consider a fuel return system because the fuel lines will start to be maxed out.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Friend blew his motor on a 85shot. It was only tuned for a 2.80 pulley, no N20.

larryc7777

Established Member
Originally posted by Lethalchem
Friend blew his motor on a 85shot. It was only tuned for a 2.80 pulley, no N20.

I can believe that. A regular non-nitrous tune usually has about 22 or 23 degrees of timing and an A/F of about 11.8 to 1. Put an 85 shot onto that & the A/F probably went to somewhere around 14 to 1 & the timing caused detonation unless he was running race gas all the time.

SouthFlaSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by Griffin
100 SHOT= BOOM!

Not true at all. When you take all the safetry precautions and do it RIGHT, its very safe. And for you guys who say the nitrous through the blower isn't... the L guys have been doing it since 99 with no problems.

nitrous1.jpg

nitrous2.jpg

nitrous3.jpg

Thats my setup. I plan on running a 2.8 Upper, Ported Eaton, Heat Exchanger, O/R X-pipe, Magnaflow Cat-Back... this setup I will run about 22 degrees timing with a/f's in the mid 11's and be very safe.

The nitrous setup is an NX EFI Wet kit. It comes with the jetting for 50-150 shot. I plan on running a 75 shot at first. Keep the a/f's in the low low 11's, 18-19 degrees of timing, and plugs 2 ranges colder than stock. Im not one bit worried about spraying through the blower as ive watched it done on Lightnings for years, and I did it on my Lightning aswell. Im going to up the shot and find the limits of the fuel system. No need for injectors because the extra fuel is supplied via the nitrous system, but I will most likely have to start modding my fuel system when I go to 100 jets. My .02 cents....

-Mike

vetkilr

When 600rwhp isnt enough.
Established Member
Originally posted by SouthFlaSnake
Not true at all. When you take all the safetry precautions and do it RIGHT, its very safe. And for you guys who say the nitrous through the blower isn't... the L guys have been doing it since 99 with no problems.

Thats my setup. I plan on running a 2.8 Upper, Ported Eaton, Heat Exchanger, O/R X-pipe, Magnaflow Cat-Back... this setup I will run about 22 degrees timing with a/f's in the mid 11's and be very safe.

The nitrous setup is an NX EFI Wet kit. It comes with the jetting for 50-150 shot. I plan on running a 75 shot at first. Keep the a/f's in the low low 11's, 18-19 degrees of timing, and plugs 2 ranges colder than stock. Im not one bit worried about spraying through the blower as ive watched it done on Lightnings for years, and I did it on my Lightning aswell. Im going to up the shot and find the limits of the fuel system. No need for injectors because the extra fuel is supplied via the nitrous system, but I will most likely have to start modding my fuel system when I go to 100 jets. My .02 cents....

-Mike

Whats your car dyno at now??
Whats your a/f??

SynMan5.0

Established Member
I'm probably gonna get shot for saying this, but I used to run a wet kit on one of my '00 Lightnings. We had jets in it for a 75 shot for a long time (many street races) and then decided to switch to a 150 for WFC4. :eek: Not quite sure what we were thinking, but we kept it safe and never had a problem. Truck ran a 12.1 @ 118 with nothing more than a full exhaust, K&N filter, JL chip, slicks mounted on stock F-150 wheels, and the nitrous. :coolman: I don't know that I'd ever try it on my Cobra (even with the better bottom end), but we ran the 150 shot for a while and never had a problem. Never one backfire or detonation. You just have to be smart about it. I wouldn't hesitate on doing a 100 shot on a Terminator as long as you have someone that knows what they're doing to tune it. Good luck! :beer:

SynMan5.0

Established Member
Originally posted by larryc7777
I can believe that. A regular non-nitrous tune usually has about 22 or 23 degrees of timing and an A/F of about 11.8 to 1. Put an 85 shot onto that & the A/F probably went to somewhere around 14 to 1 & the timing caused detonation unless he was running race gas all the time.

You can't take an A/F reading when running nitrous. The nitrous completely messes up the graph. All you can really do is have an experienced tuner listen for detonation and watch the tailpipe to see whether it's rich or lean. It's always best to back off the timing a bit though, too.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Sonic Venum is running a NX 75 shot now for about 3 weeks in a row with out going BOOM. Timing is not retarted at all but he is running straight 100 Octane. With a 75 shot he hit 11.1 on the A/F.

100 shot isnt going to make him go Boom either. Its on the Tune and Gas, but hey shit happens some times. He will be going for a 125 shot once he gets his Injectors, BAP and Focus Pump.

So id agree with SouthFlaSnake and no BOOM has happened.

larryc7777....nope it all depends on ur tuner and how wild he will get with ur tuning. Its not a general number at all.

black10th

Clutch killer
Established Member
No boom here....just smoked my stock clutch. I run the 100hp jet in my Edelbrock dry kit. A/F is on the rich side...
Spec 3 hybrid and flywheel is now in.....just a few more miles of break-in to go.:bash:

Users who are viewing this thread