Spray the 97??

MASSHOLE_SN95

Established Member
Looking to hear from people who spray their b head cobra. I'm about to install a zex wet kit, and run 100 shot. I'll have all the safety switches along with a walbro fuel pump. I know nitrous technology has come a long way over the years, but I'm still nervous to blow up my D/D.
With that being said, with a proper install, and a dyno tune, how worried should I be? My car runs strong, no problems, 96,000 miles.
How often do guys spray?
What type of power gain did you get?
Are you worried your car is gonna blow?
What size shot you running?
Thanks fort the info...

Bite u

Established Member
^ what he said, and an aftermarket clutch to hold the power... Stock will hold it for a little while depending on how good it is, but probably not last long, depends on how hard ya r on it.

My car is a full bolt on car that laid down 327/304 on motor with 4.56 gear and 28x11.5x15 et street (bias ply) which both eat up dyno numbers... Regardless on a 75 wheel shot it did 415/451.. It's nasty instant torque...

My cars speedo was broke at 112k over a year ago and I have been running it since... Keep up with changing oil and make sure the tune is good! Just FYI nitrous likes to b run lean... Mine is setup almost like a motor tune without the timing.. I believe for my 75 shot we pulled 3 or 4 degrees timing.. I wanna say it was 4 to b overly safe and leaned it out to roughly a 12.0-12.5 a/f and it loves it... And according to some plug reading on the strap it's spot on!

Tr6's r a good plug, but a tad to hot for nitrous, I'd recommend to b safe a br7ef (non projected tip) with the gap opened up to around .35 maybe a little bigger to run on motor. On the dyno mine where gapped down to like .28 and it didn't seem to wanna idle on the dyno

That and a good set of slicks and enjoy it at the track! Filling the bottle is a pain and can get expensive, so use it wisely.. On a 100 shot u might get 5-8 runs through the 1/4 depending on bottle pressure.

Bite u

Established Member
FE94F624-6791-4445-B8C8-AFCCD986B6EE-7933-00000825EF6B6007.jpg

This is a .46 nitrous jet.. For zex they say its a 100 shot but that's rated at the crank, it's really a 75 shot but it laid down decent.. I have the 125 pills, just need to get a fuel pump n retune :)

4valved

Banned
I don't understand why people get so nervous. I ran a 125 shot for 2 years nearly 30 bottles never had anything bad happen to the engine. (00 2v gt motor) zex kits are great to.

Users who are viewing this thread