Sportline Springs Question

QUADCAM-J

Established Member
I installed sportlines on the car about a week after I bought it, and since then everytime I hit a large bump I hear a wonderful metallic sound from the rear of the car. I am wondering if my shocks/struts are worn out or maybe this is normal. Also, the rubber bushing they send with the springs, I saw no place for it; is it needed or did I miss something?

72 fastback

Established Member
i think you are talking about the rearend snubber it goes on top of your rearend to keep it from bottoming out.could be driveshaft hitting your tunnel.

CobraComander

Established Member
QUADCAM-J said:
I installed sportlines on the car about a week after I bought it, and since then everytime I hit a large bump I hear a wonderful metallic sound from the rear of the car. I am wondering if my shocks/struts are worn out or maybe this is normal. Also, the rubber bushing they send with the springs, I saw no place for it; is it needed or did I miss something?

Out of curiosity(sp? :shrug: ), do you have one of the aftermarket differential covers. I have sportlines as well, and noticed the same only after I put on an aftermarked diff cover. It was hitting the spare tire wheel well!

Andrew

GMKILR9050

MTPockets
Established Member
CobraComander said:
Out of curiosity(sp? :shrug: ), do you have one of the aftermarket differential covers. I have sportlines as well, and noticed the same only after I put on an aftermarked diff cover. It was hitting the spare tire wheel well!

Andrew
+1 I have a strange rear girdle cover and it smacls everytime I shift hard into second and third gear.

QUADCAM-J

Established Member
Alright, I'll check my rearend for a place to install the snubber. I just hope that I haven't caused any damage. Also, what about the sway bar should I be concerend with?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
the snubber is located ABOVE the rearend. The stocker is a black rubber piece on a metal bracket. You'll see it.

As far as the swaybar, their are saying you need to see if it is cracked. The rear sways are known to crack.

Users who are viewing this thread