Sport Trac Adrenalin Back On

03zycobra

Established Member
Back on but not with the 4valve supercharged motor.

Adrenalin Tour - Adrenalin's customization goes all around. Fittingly, the tour begins up front with the unique black crosshatch-style grille flanked by blackout headlamps, unique ground effects-style fascia with air dam and circular fog lamps.

Moving along to the sides, Adrenalin presents more unique features: fenders with vents seamlessly integrated with the front fascia; and built-in running boards (not add-on step bars) that visually connect with the front and rear fascias.

At the rear, designers departed from Sport Trac's side-exit exhaust pipe in favor of one that comes out the back of the unique fascia with dual-rolled chrome tips.

And those fabulous wheels! It's the 20” polished aluminum wheels on low-profile tires that bring it all together into one giant rush of styling adrenalin.

Sport Trac Adrenalin is distinguished not only by what it has, but also by what it doesn't. The absence of wheellip moldings and roof rack -- Ford designers made these omissions deliberately to accentuate Adrenalin's low, sleek look.

Available colors: Choose Black, White Suede, Silver Birch or Colorado Red. You might find the Colorado Red especially appealing. A uniquely deep red paint without metallic flaking, it's a really rich genuine “custom” color.

Stepping inside, you'll see a Charcoal Black interior with leather-trimmed seats, Medium Light Stone headliner, circle check film appliqué, and Adrenalin-branded floor mats.

Powerteams and Powertrains - Sport Trac Adrenalin offers two power paths: a standard 4.0L V6 with 5-speed automatic rated at 210 horsepower @ 5,100 rpm and 254 lbs./ft. of torque @ 3,700 rpm; or an optional 4.6L 3-valve V8 with 6-speed automatic rated at 292 horsepower @ 5,750 rpm and 300 lbs./ft. of torque @ 3,950 rpm.

Powertrain choices are standard 4x2 (rear-wheel drive) or optional full-time, fully automatic All-Wheel Drive (AWD) that instantly delivers traction to the wheels needing it most. AWD is an Adrenalin exclusive feature in the Sport Trac lineup.

The Adrenalin shares with its Sport Trac siblings all other features including standard 4-wheel anti-lock brakes and AdvanceTrac® with RSC® (Roll Stability Control™).

Adrenalin Arrival - The Sport Trac Adrenalin will be revealed at the Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association (SEMA) Show to be held at the Las Vegas Convention Center, October 30 to November 2, 2007. It'll be available in Ford dealer showrooms beginning January, 2008.

Is the Sport Trac Adrenalin the truck you'd really like to be seen driving around in? Your local Ford Dealer has all the details on how to get one.

Go to www.ford.com for pics.

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
Here are some shots from SEMA this year... just add a blower to the 3V and all is good...
IMG_1388.gif

IMG_1389.gif

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
That 4.6 3v is going to make that thing a dog. Even with a blower the total cost will be more than what you can get a new TBSS with the 400hp (395 in TBSS) vette engine for. And hell, GM may start putting the LS3 in before to long. Hell, the base 4.0 Sport-trac that is out now weighs about 4700lbs. I bet that this adrenaline will weight close to 4900lbs with all of the options. The TBSS RWD model weights just over 4600lbs and the AWD model weights in at 4,800 lbs. Ford dropped the ball on what could have been a very strong sport truck right off of the showroom floor. I bet that this thing will not be able to run sub 16 seconds in the 1/4.

-Jeff

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Sweet looking truck, but without the SC motor they should change the name from Adrenalin to Estrogen. The SRT utes will be all over that.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I am not even sure about the "all show" part. Lose the side steps in place of a flush fitting side skirt, bring back the side exit exhaust, and then it would look a lot better. Hell, the front end looks great. It is almost like ford has different designers designing each section of the cars body. Late 20 early 30 somethings doing the front, 40-50 somethings on the sides, and paw paw working on the rear section.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Hell, I am to the point where if cost is an issue I just want them to start building 5.0-5.9 pushrods again and sticking them in everything. We need cubic inches Ford! If you are not going to blow on these 281's before you stick them in heavy cars and trucks then start working on something that has some actual grunt. Can you all imagine how big of a turd the Lighting would have been if they had stuck a 4.6 liter NA motor under the hood? Hell, the Lightning has a listed curb weight of 4670lbs.

-Jeff

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
Hell, I am to the point where if cost is an issue I just want them to start building 5.0-5.9 pushrods again and sticking them in everything. We need cubic inches Ford! If you are not going to blow on these 281's before you stick them in heavy cars and trucks then start working on something that has some actual grunt. Can you all imagine how big of a turd the Lighting would have been if they had stuck a 4.6 liter NA motor under the hood? Hell, the Lightning has a listed curb weight of 4670lbs.

-Jeff

You started like 9/10 sentences in this thread with "Hell...."

Okay I'm exagerating but there are other opening attention grabbing statements that can be used.

P.S. Just being an a-hole :beer:

Paul

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Can you all imagine how big of a turd the Lighting would have been if they had stuck a 4.6 liter NA motor under the hood? Hell, the Lightning has a listed curb weight of 4670lbs.
Yes I can. I had a '97 standard cab F-150 XLT with the 4.6 and, while it was a great workhorse, there was nothing quick about it.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Ford has fallen flat on their face as far as performance is concerned lately. I've noticed that many people on this site with Cobras have GC SRT8s as DDs (more so than any other performance-oriented car if their Cobra isn't a DD). All Ford needs to do is take a regular Explorer, drop a terminator motor in, drop in a couple inches, and call it a day. Think about an SUV where you can swap pullies and start eating every single other SUV out there. Right now, the TBSS is definitely the more moddable performance SUV, but Ford could change it. Too bad they won't.

x_man586

Going to UTI
Established Member
Way to go. Another useless vehicle. The only thing that made the Adrenaline special was the blown motor, Ford screws up again.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have a AWD TBSS, and it is an awesome ride. I actually toyed around with the idea of getting another one in RWD for modding. They can be really quick with a few mods.

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread