Sport Auto takes C7 Z06 to 7:13 on the Ring!

Z06

Established Member

Just as reference, GM did 7:26 with the ZR1 on the factory tires MPS2, sport auto did 7:38. I'm pretty sure GM can wring out a ~7:10 here.

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
Lot of butt hurt C7Z hater's out there since this video has been released. Their silence is deafening.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
That's super fast!

I'm surprised it didn't heat soak. The local guys I run with on track can't make it 3 laps out here which is a shorter distance than 1 lap on the ring.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Hahahahahahah... c7z haters will bleed through their eyes in anger....

"But it haz a supercharger yo!"

Like I always said.... c7z is a beast. Right behind the ass of the rocord setting Viper ACR too.

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
That's super fast!

I'm surprised it didn't heat soak. The local guys I run with on track can't make it 3 laps out here which is a shorter distance than 1 lap on the ring.

A8 or M7, temperature and density altitude during "can't make it 3 laps out here"?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
A8 or M7, temperature and density altitude during "can't make it 3 laps out here"?
The last guy I talked to, who almost ran me down before it went into limp mode had an A8. The temperature was high 70s that day, and the density altitude was probably around 7500'.

I'm getting the "3" laps from that guy, I haven't personally talked to the 2 other guys that are regularly out there but he said they all have the same overheating problem. It doesn't seem to bother him, he said when the car works, it's an absolute blast. He is an older guy who is done by early afternoon and sits with a hidden beer, BSing with everyone else.

I'm pretty sure at least one of them is an M7.

The only other person I know with one that tracks his, I haven't been able to ask him how it's doing. He traded in a C6Z for a C7Z and we have only seen him out there once since.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
The last guy I talked to, who almost ran me down before it went into limp mode had an A8. The temperature was high 70s that day, and the density altitude was probably around 7500'.

I'm getting the "3" laps from that guy, I haven't personally talked to the 2 other guys that are regularly out there but he said they all have the same overheating problem. It doesn't seem to bother him, he said when the car works, it's an absolute blast. He is an older guy who is done by early afternoon and sits with a hidden beer, BSing with everyone else.

I'm pretty sure at least one of them is an M7.

The only other person I know with one that tracks his, I haven't been able to ask him how it's doing. He traded in a C6Z for a C7Z and we have only seen him out there once since.
Yup A8 overheats. Just like the 2015/2016 heat soaking blower.

Zyborg, nobody is arguing that these cars ARENT beasts. They are! Fuggin awesome, i was looking at them at the biggest Vette dealer west of mississipi on sunday.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hahahahahahah... c7z haters will bleed through their eyes in anger....

"But it haz a supercharger yo!"

Like I always said.... c7z is a beast. Right behind the ass of the rocord setting Viper ACR too.

7 years ago though.

The Gen V ACR-E will be out there pretty quick...it will shatter the old ACR record.

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
Show us who the butt hurt is, car is still behind a 2010 ACR. Which runs on older Sport Cup 2s from 7 years ago.

Why would a 2010 ACR owner be a butt hurt C7Z hater? Nice deflect, but obviously you miss the intent of my post.

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member

Zyborg, nobody is arguing that these cars ARENT beasts. They are! Fuggin awesome, i was looking at them at the biggest Vette dealer west of mississipi on sunday.

So the 2017 C7Z has a different blower than the 15/16? News to me.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Maybe not you but a lot of people bad mouth them. Trust me. I seen it!

7 years ago though.

The Gen V ACR-E will be out there pretty quick...it will shatter the old ACR record.

****. Totally missed that piece. Tought it was the lap of the current ACR. Yea, new ACR-E should be shattering that time.

Thanks for busting my bubble buddy!

Z06

Established Member
Sports Auto is always a few seconds slower than factory drivers. I'm thinking when GM comes out with their times, it will be sub 7:10

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
was it on lap 1? can it pull the same time on lap 2? lap 3? ie getting near 20 mins of constant track time. i have the dual fan heat exchanger on my gt500. ive tracked the heck out of it including on a relatively hot summer day with loooong sessions (at least 20 minutes). ive only experienced heat soak once for a few minutes, than the car corrected itself.

but i would think a $100k "super car" would have the appropriate cooling mods from the get go to handle it.

Users who are viewing this thread