Sponsors for parts?

ARC

Established Member
Any idea how (if it's possible) I can get companies to sponsor me so I can upgrade my stang? For example, a Boss intake manifold or long tube headers. It's just a thought...hehe :shrug:

PLTechy

Custom User Title
Established Member
I have several friends with sponsored cars and to even be considered for sponsorship you have to throw quite a bit of money into your car already. Sponsors aren't going to consider stock or near stock cars unless its something new or rare

Posted via Topify using Android

skulls

Established Member
I have several friends with sponsored cars and to even be considered for sponsorship you have to throw quite a bit of money into your car already. Sponsors aren't going to consider stock or near stock cars unless its something new or rare

Posted via Topify using Android

100% correct, you also have to become well known in the scene and prove your car is very well known and so are you have a good reputation and conduct yourself in a postive light.

Your car needs to have money and being competitive and than the sponsors may come to help you get to that next level...

The other thing that is a hinders you is that most the companies that sell or produce the parts have thier own cars...so they dont really need sponsor other people, their cars are already out there, plus it gives them a quality control, so to speak.

Getting in 'rags with decent features could also help, but again...you gotta have put quite a bit of money into the car to see those.

And also a lot of sponsorships are just a pretty hefty discount on parts...I.e. cost +5%...businesses are not in the business of handing out free money in the form of parts.

Last edited:

CSG

Established Member
You have to offer them more than they give you. I am fully sponsored by a suspension and chassis company. It is a lot of work to maintain that relationship and keep proving my worth to them. Just winning is not enough. Not being on the podium at least 75% of races is unacceptable. I am an advertising fee to them. I have to interact with the fans when I should be getting stuff ready. Interact with fans after a 2 hour race when all I want to do is crash out in the A/C...

KonaFifty

Established Member
if you dont go to shows or races, more than likely you wont get sponsored like you want either...

ARC

Established Member
Thank you for the responses, guys. I needed the wake up call on that.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Best way to get sponsorship is to become a parts retailer yourself. Use your vehicle as a platform for the parts you'll be representing. Make it highly visible to as many forums, shows, events, etc as possible.
No manufacture is going to give you anything free without something in return.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread