Spoiler Paint prices?

Stolen 98

Established Member
I got my Kaenen today and have had quotes all over the place... $150-$350?

What did you guys pay to have your Kaenen S-281 spoiler painted?

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
I would think $150 would cover it. I paid between $150-$200 I believe when mine was painted, but I also had them do the CDC side scoops and they required a ton of prep- now they are gone with the old car

Stolen 98

Established Member
I dropped it off to a guy that wanted $150...I thought that seemed reasonable. Then after I had dropped it off, another guy emailed me telling me $350...and I'm a little worried.

1BD9D7

Established Member
I would think $150 would cover a good job. My hoods have run $300-350 for an awesome top and bottom paint job, I would hope a spoiler would come in a little cheaper than a hood. My kaenen actually had a 6-8" long, very thin crack on the backside they had to fix, oh well it's held up nicely for 4 years now.

mark23svt

Established Member
I believe I paid 200 on a shop that is known to be pricey, so 150 sounds like a good deal.

Stolen 98

Established Member
The guy that wanted $350 said he would have 150-180 just in paint alone? Cause he uses high quality paint only... does this even sound right?

yfz162

88mph....serious shit!!!!
Established Member
The guy that wanted $350 said he would have 150-180 just in paint alone? Cause he uses high quality paint only... does this even sound right?

$350??? NO LOL, you should be well under $200 for painting a spoiler unless it needs massive fitment corrections before paint.

1BD9D7

Established Member
Well, materials aren't cheap but I can't believe his paint is quite that high. My most recent paint bill was on a crystal white car also, and I actually had to have them paint the parts twice. The first time it did not match properly - had either too much red or blue in it, can't remember which. White is a difficult color to match, it blows my mind the way paint mixing works.

Stolen 98

Established Member
I sure hope I didn't just blow $400 bones on this for nothing. I'm not putting it on my 14k mile car if it isn't perfect.

Stolen 98

Established Member
I guess I'm second guessing myself for just telling him to paint it Crystal White (ZR) and not taking him my entire car for him to blend/install.

TerminatedGT

Established Member
All depends on how much work goes into it. Example I put a spoiler or a 71 camaro that took a day and a half to mud the spoiler and the car ( all new parts spoiler trunk and AG's) for a show car finninsh . So not a bad price but depends on the amount of work it needs

i8urSS

Established Member
I haven't had mine painted yet, but I got two quotes. The first was $100 and the other was $300 so you're right there in the ball field. The shop that quoted $300 claimed "its because they only use top quality paint" as well. I ended up just covering mine with plasti-dip and leaving it flat black for a while. I'll probably wait til after I get rims and smoked head lights to paint mine.

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
I guess I'm second guessing myself for just telling him to paint it Crystal White (ZR) and not taking him my entire car for him to blend/install.

When I had my paint guy paint my spoiler I gave him the fuel door so he'd have something to match to. Turned out great.

Users who are viewing this thread