Spoiler Gasket?

ho779

Established Member
anyone figure out how to take care of this stupid gasket thats peeking out?

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
I loosened the bolts that hold the wing on and then pushed the gasket back in underneath. So far, so good.

ho779

Established Member
was there any seal for the bolts? or under the spoiler, other than that gasket?

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Two of them are underneath some rubber gromets, one on either side. I only had the gasket creep out on one side, so I only loosened up the nuts on that side. Open up your trunk and take a close look. You can't miss 'em.

Gatorac

Established Member
Originally posted by ho779
So I guess you can call that the spoiler mod.

Unfortunatly it's more like the spoiler repair.:(

I took mine off completely and "rerouted" the gasket. Let's hope it's a one time "mod".

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I had the dealer remove the spoiler and repair it themselves.$35K means they should do whats necessary to fix the car.

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
black 03,

So did they do a 35 mile road test to make sure that the spoiler was repaired correctly?

:dw:

(sorry... with all that has happened with dealers.. couldn't resist)

ho779

Established Member
Seriously...

"we need to test this at high speeds to make sure its secure"

"although our mechanics can not drive over 60 to test for vibration, this test needs only 140 mph...we'll be right back"

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Gatorac

Established Member
Originally posted by ArizonaSnake
black 03,

So did they do a 35 mile road test to make sure that the spoiler was repaired correctly?

:dw:

(sorry... with all that has happened with dealers.. couldn't resist)

That's why I did it myself.:bash:

FINICKY

Established Member
Or better yet "While we were repairing your wing we drove into a steel beem in between the shop doors, but dont worry the wing is fine""and we didnt put any miles on it.

key2you

Established Member
I have the same problem and I would have to say for 35k they should fix it. My dealer ship is about 1.5 miles from my house. I always clear the trip meter on my way to the dealer and remember what it ends at when i drop it off. It was at 2miles when i picked it up. .5miles it about a lap around the dealership

Black Cobra

Established Member
The seal has been sticking out on the driver's side of mine for some time now. Now the Passenger side is. So what's the deal? Is it too thin, not enough pressure being applied by the spoiler in the corners? Were the nuts not tightened enough at the fasctory?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
THey said "Jared, in order to make sure that the car is safe with the new spiler attached we had to drive to miami and do at least 160mph" 100 miles later they topld me everything was fine!!!!

Just messin. the dealership that I take my car to get serviced at has been good to me. My service rep has been even better. Also, your tellin me if you were a mechanic or service guy at a porsche dealership you wouldnt take the new Carrera GT out for a spin. My ass!!!!! Just hope that if they take my car out I dont know about it, because yes I would be upset. Black03

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by key2you
I have the same problem and I would have to say for 35k they should fix it. My dealer ship is about 1.5 miles from my house. I always clear the trip meter on my way to the dealer and remember what it ends at when i drop it off. It was at 2miles when i picked it up. .5miles it about a lap around the dealership

.5 mile could also be from spinning the tires in one spot.

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
I took a thin piece of cardboard and slipped it under the seal that was sticking out. Carefully and slowly took a sharp utility knife and cut it off nice and clean. You don't need a lot of pressure or you will cut through the cardboard.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread