splitter for '00 R - "Dzus fasteners"

Andy M

Established Member
hey you '00 R guys? I found the web site for the dzus fasteners..

here is the link...

Dzus web site

Question is this: how long are the ones on the side? I understand they are longer than the front ones? I suppose I could just take it off of my car and measure it myself, but sometimes I am a bit lazy.. :block:

I called SVT today and they said that Ford originally got them from Dzus through Honeywell and the phone number is 817-490-6300. I will try calling them on Saturday or Monday if they are not open on Saturday. He also told me the rivets are 1/8" by 1/4" stainless.

update since I first posted this... it turns out Honeywell is one of the Distributors and is located in TX. I will call them and see if I can get info.

Honeywell in TX

I plan on tackling this entire project myself (minus the actual painting of the splitter of course) and I will take pics along the way and write up a "tips" document ... in case someone else needs to do this in the future.

Last edited:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Andy,
Did you have to prove that you needed a splitter, or are they making them available now for R owners?

Brian

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
can ya send me a copy of the photo? I want to have a spare splitter on hand just in case....I'd like to get it while they are still available! Also, I replied to the dzus question in the other thread, but ya beat me to it by an hour :ud:

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by NJ2000R
can ya send me a copy of the photo? I want to have a spare splitter on hand just in case....I'd like to get it while they are still available! Also, I replied to the dzus question in the other thread, but ya beat me to it by an hour :ud:
sure, no problem... email me and I will send you some pics.

Also, I have an update on the DZUS fastener thing... I just spoke with a lady at Marshall Products in Detroit who knows the guy who worked on the R project. She said he had ordered a batch of 5000 of those fasteners, which by the way are a special size not currently being made, except for the ones left over from the R project. Anyway, she said she would check with him and try to get me some of the original batch - used when they originally put our cars together.

I will keep you all posted on this.

BRIMSTONE

I actually had to switch to longer fasteners after lining the splitter with carbon. If you guys are still having a hard time getting dzus fasteners let me know I may be able to get more.

Mike

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by BRIMSTONE
I actually had to switch to longer fasteners after lining the splitter with carbon. If you guys are still having a hard time getting dzus fasteners let me know I may be able to get more.

Mike
Mike, I would be interested in some DZUS fasteners... it seems they are longer than the ones DZUS normally sells...and they made a special batch just for the 2000 Cobra R cars...and of course, no one knows if or where any spares are?????? :fm:

Thanks!

svtsnake

Established Member
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could do me a huge favor. I have been trying to find the real R splitter, but Ford has not released it to non R owners. I was wondering if anyone would be kinda enough to get one for me if I payed for it, and all the shipping costs, and a little extra for you.

BillsSnake

If I may add my 5 cents worth on this subject. When I got my 00R three of the fasteners were misaligned. I started with FordSVT and talked to the company that installed the rear wing and the front splitter THEN I talked to Dzus and there are three different fasteners used and they are not currently available. Ford has just released the splitter and the wing to the general public. A friend of mine just ordered the splitter. Ford part number for the spliter is M-16601-R00 and costs $495 with the fasteners. The rear wing is part number M 16600-R00 and costs $450. So now the fasteners will probably be back on the market. :cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread