spintech or basani / will it mess up my tune

MassDSGsvt

FORCE FED BOOST
Established Member
So I'm a little stumped with what to do. I've been looking at cobras for a while and I've had a idea of how I want my car to be when I got it. Well the day came and I found what I was looking for. It came with a few basic mods which was good but the bad thing is it wasn't what I had in mind. It came with a spintech x and flowmaster cat back. I've been set on a bassani x and borla Stingers since I started looking into cobras. Is it worth it to me to switch? How bad will it mess up my tune? Will its sound satisfy me with the spintech x and stingers or should I just get the bassani x and stingers??? Any input would be awesome

cobracide

Established Member
Put whatever the hell you want and don't worry about the tune. There are more than a few exhaust sound file sites so have at it. Just google. Better yet find some car clubs or shows and listen for yourself. I prefer the bass heavy Borla quiet catback. It's a good medium loud sound when matched with an MRT H w/cats. The big plus with an aftermarket catback is the mandrel bent pipes. The catback is a sound deal more than a hp issue. The difference between high flow cats and none is about 5 to 7hp.

Last edited:

MassDSGsvt

FORCE FED BOOST
Established Member
Thanks man I probably will just go for the exhaust. I've been stuck on it for a long time and that flowmaster just doesn't cut it. They always sound like there under water

jlbush

Established Member
Yeah man you need to just see what you like because everyone is different and has different taste. Stingers are very popular though, so it might not be too hard finding a setup similiar to what you're wanting on the net or in person. Person is best because if you can ride, and hear it outside the car you'll be able to make sure it's what you want and doesn't drone inside the car either.

As far as switching out the X pipe, I think it would be a waste of money to switch the X pipe to a different brand. I don't think you would ever be able to hear the difference. To me an X pipe is an X pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread